When was Assets by Oomnitza 4.0 released?
Assets by Oomnitza was released on 27 April 2023.
How do I access the new version of Assets by Oomnitza?
Customers who have the Winter 2023 release or later can use the mobile app's new version. All you need do is go to Google Play or App Store and download it.
A new version of the mobile screen builder will be activated on the release date to work with Assets by Oomnitza 4.0. The new mobile screen builder will no longer work with Assets by Oomnitza 3.1.
To save time and automatically download the latest version of Assets by Oomnitza Google Play or App Store, you can change your settings.
- For iOS devices, see How to manually update apps.
- For Android devices, see How to update the Play Store & Apps.
Are iOS and Android devices supported?
Does the app run on tablet and iPad devices?
What is the cutoff date for 3.1?
Assets by Oomnitza 3.1 will no longer be supported after July 1, 2023.
Why do I need a new version?
The new version of Assets by Oomnitza provides the following benefits and enhancements:
- It supports iOS and Android operating systems.
- It provides an improved user experience, new features, and enhancements.
- It simplifies the management and development of future enhancements.
What are the new features?
- Modern and intuitive user interface.
- Configurable homepage where you choose what you want to see.
- Simplified management that provides a unified view for managing assets.
- Field organizer for grouping related information into sections.
- Data source tracker that identifies the vendor application that Oomnitza synced with to get the information.
- Media files import feature for attaching media files and setting the display image for the asset records.
- Remember me feature to make it easier to log in.
What are the enhancements?
- Enhanced security management. The Administrator controls the granting of permissions in their Oomnitza instance.
- Enhanced scanning. Scan a wide range of different barcode formats.
- Advanced search, sort, copy, bulk add, and bulk edit features.
- Enhanced view of assets in tile mode. More information is shown on the tile, so you can easily choose the asset you want to process.
What scanning codes and formats are supported?
QR, Code 11, 25, 39, 93, 128, EAN/JAN- 8, UPC-A, and UPC-E.
Are the same permissions that I define in my Ooomnitza instance used in Assets by Oomnitza?
Yes. By default, the permissions that are defined in Oomnitza apply to Assets by Oomnitza. In addition, the Administrator can configure permissions to show or hide information. For example, the administrator might decide to hide information that is not relevant or that is sensitive such as purchasing information or audit information. And, the Administrator can reset the permissions at any time.
What are the minimum permissions required for a user to access Assets by Oomnitza?
A user must have at least Read Asset permissions for their role.
Can I configure the homepage?
Yes. Users with the appropriate permissions can use the mobile screen builder to configure the homepage for each user role. See Configuring the app view.
Can I scan and add multiple assets simultaneously?
Yes. You can scan multiple assets and edit the common attributes, such as the model name, location, and status of multiple asset records.
Can I configure the asset information that is shown in the app?
Yes. You can define the fields that are mandatory, read-only, or hidden. And, you can add rules, to determine whether a field is displayed.
See Setting custom visibility rules.
Can I search for fields or values on the Asset page?
Yes. You can search for both fields and values.
Can I scan text?
No. It is under consideration for a future release, but no date has been set.
Click here to view the Assets mobile app webinar.