The following document will capture the available integration points with BambooHR and how to configure them.
Please follow the following steps to get new access token which can be used in Oomnitza API pre-sets and SaaS User Role block.
- Please follow the documentation to create an API Key on BambooHR and keep your API Key to be used later in configuring your credential setup within Oomnitza (Step 7).
- Go to Oomnitza "Settings" page and select "Credentials".
- Click the "+" icon in the top right corner to add a new credential. A pop-up will appear.
- Type the "Name" which helps you identify the credential, example "BambooHR"
- Enter the "Owner" of the credential (optional), possibly the creator of this credential
- Click the "Authorization" tab and select "Basic" from the "Authorization type" dropdown
- Type the username and password you created in Step 1 above.
- Type a useful "Description" which will help you identify the credential (optional).
- Click the "Create" button.
- Finally, you should see the credential you created in the credentials list.
- BambooHR: Getting Started with the API
- BambooHR Authentication: How to Generate an API Key
- You have successfully created your BambooHR Credential.
- Navigate to "Settings>Integrations" and scroll down to the "User Integrations" and further to the "Extended" sub section.
- Select "New Integration" under the "Extended" section.
- Select "Apply" from the SaaS vendor Preset you require and then "Next" to move to the "Info" page.
- Here you will find the instructions for your SaaS that you are configuring. Select "Next" to move to "Connect".
- Add a Name (for the integration), your Installation type (Cloud or Local), Credentials (select the credential you created above), your Integration preferences (Create & Update, create only or update only), the Integration User (so you can see user information added by this user) and your BambooHR subdomain which can be found in your BambooHR URL: <subdomain>.bamboohr.com. When complete, select Next to move to the "Mappings" step.
- Select the fields that you want to import to Oomnitza making sure you have at least one Sync key in place. For example, you may map the BambooHR Work Email field to the Oomnitza Email field and use as a Sync key. Once you are satisfied with the data mappings, you can select "Next" to bring you to the final step, "Schedule". You can find more help on mapping and creating custom fields here: Mapping Extended Connectors .
- Create the schedule accordingly to your uses case, Daily, Weekly, monthly etc and select "Finish" to complete this configuration.