Let Oomnitza be your single source of truth!
You'll get visibility of your Apple assets and software as data from Jamf Pro is automatically transformed into consumable information and actionable insights.
Connect Oomnitza and Jamf Pro in minutes
Get the information and insights that you need to reduce costs and the time that you spend on administration tasks such as:
- Configurable dashboards and list views of key asset and software information
- Configurable reports to share information about assets and software with your colleagues and management such as corporate-wide reports that detail the distribution and status of the assets and software in your environment
- Configurable workflows that you can create such as
- Workflows for automating patching, configuration updates, and service installations
- Workflows for ensuring that the latest software upgrades are installed on your assets
- Workflows for flagging anomalous behavior such as unexpected IP addresses, assets that have not checked into Jamf Pro for extended periods, and other anomalies that require you to take action
Before you start
To stream Jamf Pro data into Oomnitza, you must add authorization credentials to the Oomnitza vault.
The user’s credentials that are added must have read-only access to device information and access to the Jamf Pro API.
Add credentials to the vault in Oomnitza
- Log into Oomnitza.
- Click Settings > Credentials, and then click Add new credential (+).
- Add the information and authorization details.
- Enter the user name and password of a Jamf Pro account.
- Authenticate and click Create.
You use the credentials that you added to create and customize your Jamf Pro integration with Oomnitza.
Integrate Jamf Pro with Oomnitza
Info and connect details
- Click Settings.
- On the Integrations page, scroll down to the Extended section for Assets.
- Click NEW INTEGRATION.
- In the New Asset Integration sidebar, click Jamf.
- To integrate Oomnitza with the Jamf asset and software load, click APPLY and then click NEXT twice.
On the Connect page, complete these steps:
- Enter a descriptive name for the integration such as Jamf Asset and Software. That'll be the name of the integration that is shown on the Integrations page.
- Select Software to retrieve information about the names and versions of software.
- Select Cloud as the installation type.
- From the Credentials list, select the credentials from the Oomnitza vault that you added for the connection.
- Enter the name of the user of the integration.
- Enter the URL of the Jamf Pro instance such as https://oomnitza.jamfcloud.com.
- Click Next.
Map the Jamf Pro fields to Oomnitza fields to get the information that you need to manage Apple assets and software.
To learn more, see Mapping.
To see a list of the fields that you can map, see Jamf Pro mappable fields.
When you've completed mapping Jamf Pro to Oomnitza fields, click NEXT.
By default, Jamf Pro data is streamed to Oomnitza once every day.
You can configure the schedule to meet your needs such as changing the interval or changing the time so that the data is streamed when your system isn't busy.
- Configure your schedule.
- Click FINISH.
A new tile is created for the integration on the Integrations page.
What to do next
If you want to see what information is collected now, click the tile on the Integrations page and click RUN.
If you want to change the integration settings, click the integration tile, and then click a navigation link on the page, such as 4 Mappings, and edit the settings.
Unleash the power of Oomnitza
To get valuable actionable insights that help you manage your assets, learn how to:
- Configure dashboards for your assets and software
- Configure custom reports about your assets and software
See Getting started.
Jamf Pro mappable fields
The following information about your assets, can be mapped to Oomnitza:
Active Directory Status
Alt. MAC Address
Available RAM Slots
Cache Size (KB)
Connector Sync Time
Disk Encryption Configuration
ID (Computer ID)
Initial Entry Date
Institutional Recovery Key
Is BLE Capable
Is iTunes Store Account Active
Is Master Password Set
Is MDM Capable
Last Contact Time
Last known IPv4 Address
Number of Cores
Number of Processors
OS Applecare ID
OS Maintenance Expires
Processor Speed MHz
Total Memory (MB)