You can configure the view of the home page and the asset details page for the Oomnitza Assets app.
To access the mobile screen builder, click Configuration > General > Mobile Screen Builder.
- Before you start
- Configuring the settings
- Configuring the Home page view
- Configuring the Asset details views
- App preview
- Configuring the block view
Before you start
You will need the following permissions to use the mobile screen builder:
- Add, Edit permissions for Assets must be set for your role
- Read permissions for Configuration must be set for your role
To review or change user role permissions, click Configuration > Security > Roles. Click your role and open the Permissions page.
Configuring the settings
To configure the mobile screen builder, complete the following actions:
- From the Select the role that you want to configure list, select a role. You can manually configure the view for each role. Or, you can click the clipboard to reuse the configuration setting of another role.
The role is not in the list? Click Configuration > Security > Roles. Click the role and ensure that Own Role is selected as the Primary UI Role.
- Select Activate Scan on mobile app. Activates the scanner on the Assets app home page. You can populate any text field with the scanner once it is enabled. If you deactivate the scanner, you can’t add new fields to the home page or use the scanner on your mobile device.
- Select Activate camera on mobile app for Media. Enables camera access on the Assets mobile app for uploading attachments to the Media page.
About configuring the Home view
Use the Home page view to configure the home page view for the Assets mobile app.
By default, the following fields are displayed:
- Search Assets
- Add Assets
The following options are available for searching assets:
- You can search manually
- You can search by scanning the asset’s tag
The following options are available for adding assets:
- You can add assets manually
- You can add assets by scanning the asset’s tag
Add fields to the Search Assets or Add Assets sections. For example, you might prefer to enable app users to scan and add assets by serial number.
Configuring the Home Page view
Table: List of the actions that you can complete to configure the Home Page view
|+ Add fields||
Add fields to the Search Assets or Add Assets sections.
Rearrange fields by moving them.
Remove the field from the view
Configuring the Asset details view
Table: List of the actions that you can complete to configure the Asset details view
Search for fields
|Search for fields in the Asset details view.|
Arrange fields in groups to make it easier to find and review the information that is displayed. For example, you can add the following groups for asset information:
|Reset to Web Screen Builder view||
Choose this option and click Save to reset the view or clear the changes that you made to the Asset details view.
|Field configuration for the mobile app is inherited from the Web Screen builder||
This means that no changes were made to the Asset details view, and that the mobile view and web screen builder view are in sync.
|+ Add Fields||
Click Add Fields to add fields to the Assets view.
You select the fields that you want to add.
Drag and drop the fields to reposition them. Alternatively, click the Actions menu and choose an option such as move a field to the top or bottom.
Click Move field to to move a field to another group.
Click Remove field to remove the field from the view.
From the Default list for each field, you can choose one of these options:
Set custom visibility rules. For example, you might want to make the Asset Type mandatory if the Serial Number field is not empty.
The preview screen for the app in the side panel lets you preview in real time the changes that are made to the mobile view of Assets by Oomnitza.
Configuring the block view of the Assets page
To change the fields that are shown in the tile for the Assets by Oomnitza app, a user with the appropriate permissions for assets must log into the Oomnitza instance and reconfigure the block view of the Assets page and save the changes.
Once you save your changes, the design that you created should be visible in your mobile app. In some instances, you may need to log back into your app again to view the changes.
Configuring object views using the screen builder. See Setting custom visibility rules to find out how to set custom visibility rules for fields.