You can generate reports for any of the information that you see in the Assets, Accessories, Software, Contracts, People and Locations module. Use the saved search to include only the data you would like to see in a report. You can then schedule reports to run and export the results at the times and intervals that you choose.
Creating a saved search
To create a saved search, complete the following steps:
- Select a module, such as Assets.
- Click Add. You can select multiple fields.
- Press Esc when you've added all the search fields.
- Select an operator such as Equals.
- Enter or select the values.
- Click to drag and drop search fields.
- Click Save.
- Enter the name of the search.
- If you want to add headers to the information that you export, select the checkbox.
- Save as a private or public search. Save as a public search if you want to use the search to create dashboards and workflows.
Animation: Multiselect search fields
To view in full screen mode, right-click the animation and click Open image in new tab or download the animation.
|Select a search that you saved from the list. You can use saved searches to create dashboards and reports.|
|Save a search as a private or public search. You can also restrict access to the search by selecting the roles of the users who are allowed to use the search.|
|Add the search criteria as rules in the Begin block of a workflow.|
|Select one or multiple fields.|
|Clear all the fields that were added to the search pane.|
|Remove a single field from the search pane.|
|Use drag and drop to order the fields that you added to the search.|
You can cut and paste values into search fields that have
= Equal to or
not equal to operators. The values must be comma-separated, or on separate lines.
Exporting a report
To export the data to a spreadsheet or a CSV, complete the following steps:
- Select Export.
- Choose your preferred export format. Select Group By if you want to group rows that have similar values.
- Select Export and Download to complete the export.
If you are satisfied with the results of the export, create a scheduled report to run the report on a schedule.
Creating a scheduled report
- Open the List of Saved Searches in the search pane.
- Locate your saved search in the list.
- Click the Create subscription icon next to your saved search.
- Follow the steps to schedule the report.