It is very easy to enable Google SSO and/or Google user import; We’ll explain the steps below:
- Log into Oomnitza and select the gear icon in the upper-right, then choose System Settings
- Click “On” next to “SSO” in the Integrations screen.
- Select Google Apps from the window, then Next
- Enter in the registered Google Apps domain (companyname.com) and set whichever options you’d like, then click “Integrate".
a) Enable User Import - this allows you to import a list of all Google Apps users into Oomnitza so that they can have assets assigned to them
b) JIT Provisioning - this allows a new user account to be created in Oomnitza when valid Google Apps users authenticate via SSO. This is unnecessary if “Enable User Import” is enabled.
c) SSO only - this prevents standard authentication to Oomnitza and forces authentication to be handled by Google. I suggest leaving this off for now until you have tested the SSO feature and verified it works correctly.
d) Default Role - this is the Oomnitza role that imported or JIT provisioned users will be assigned at the time their account is created.
- You can log out of Oomnitza now and click the Google Apps icon at the login screen to test Google Apps SSO
- To import your Google Apps users, go to the People section, click the Import link in the bottom-right of the page, select “Import via Google Apps”.
- Authenticate with Google.
Please feel free to email me at email@example.com if you have any other technical questions.