Zendesk is a two-way integration that needs to be set up in both Zendesk and Oomnitza.
Starting in Oomnitza, go to the Settings page and click Zendesk tile to proceed with step by step configuration.
View Info tab and move on by clicking Next button or Connect tab at the top of the screen.
Enter your Zendesk Subdomain, Zendesk Username, and Zendesk API Token (which you can find in Zendesk. See next section). Then, click Connect.
To generate a Zendesk API Token:
- Log in to your Zendesk account.
- Go to Admin settings >API
- Select active API from the menu and copy it.
In the Zendesk Integration users can choose which assets will be pulled into the data panel. The integration can also be setup to display other assets based on information in the Zendesk ticket.
For example, you can map the requestor of the ticket in Zendesk to the Assigned To field in Oomnitza. In this case, the person who creates the tickets will have their assigned assets’ information displayed in the panel.
To configure mappings you need to drag the field from Zendesk column and drop it to necessary Oomnitza field. To complete configurations click Finish button.
See below for an example:
The next step is to install the Oomnitza App in the Zendesk Marketplace.
- Log in to your Zendesk account
- Go to Admin settings > Marketplace
- Find IT Asset Management by Oomnitza and click Install button.
After selecting Install, you will be prompted to select a Zendesk account in which to install this app.
The last steps are to:
- Enter a Zendesk ticket.
- If the plug-in is not displayed, enable the apps view by selecting Apps in the top right.
- Log in to the plug-in using an Oomnitza user (if you have SSO setup, the SSO option should be showing).
For more information on adding tickets to assets in Oomnitza or adding assets to tickets in Zendesk, click on the following links.