Procurement and Receiving:
- Update Asset Type based on Model
- Update status based on Assigned To if (logic: if Assigned to is not NULL, then update to “Assigned”)
- Autoupdate End of Life based on purchase or deployed date
- Notify user and IT asset has been loaned out
- Notify user and IT when assets are overdue
Setting Up Loaner Overdue Notifications
- Enter the amount of days past a loaner return date you wish to trigger the notification
2. Set Up the Notification you would like sent
- “Assigned to:” section signifies which person you would like the notification be sent to
- The message section will be the body of the email that will be sent out from Oomnitza once the workflow is triggered. It will be accompanied by a link to the asset information.
End of Life:
- Notify IT that an asset it reaching EOL
- Update field “refresh eligible” to true when asset reaches EOL
Add Model Information
- Update Model information based off Serial Number sequences
- Allows admins to save exponential amount of time by eliminating need for manual entry
- Begin Workflow Block
- Objects = Assets
- Actions = New
- Serial number -> Ends With/ Begins With/ Contains -> Insert sequence
2. Update Block
- In the Update block add the fields you wish to be updated based on model numbers.
- This workflow can save your procurement team hours of time inputting data by using model numbers that are designed to give a consumer basic information of off a model number. For mac’s a sequence in the model number can give information like Model and Configuration. Reorganized is classification sequence to tell consumers it’s basic functionality and model type, with a update workflow block dozens of important data points can be input to your system based off a model number.