How To: Dell Workflow Block
The Dell workflow block allows you to pull in information to Dell manufactured assets based off of their serial numbers. It can pull in a variety of information that can save your team time while adding new assets into your system.
To Begin: Setup the workflow to look like the workflow below:
Step 2: Set up the begin block to look like the following
The Dell workflow block is triggered off of serial inputs that Dell uses to distinguish different values about its products. So for the begin block the action should be all new assets and the rule criteria should show that “Serial Number Is Not Null.”
Step 3: Set up the Dell workflow block
Below is what the workflow looks like with every available data point that can be pulled in with the Dell workflow Block.
Once you have chosen the fields you would like mapped in to your Oomnitza system click save.
Preview the workflow and Launch, the workflow will now be live in your system. Now once you enter in the serial number for a new or existing asset the fields mapped in through the Dell workflow block will auto populate based off information provided in the serial number.
Available Fields From Dell
- Ship Date: The day the asset was shipped
- Customer Number: The unique customer number value for your asset
- System Description: Dell model type
- Product ID: Service Tag displaying model type used for asset lookup in Dell Support
- Warranty Start Date: The start of the Dell warranty
- Warranty End Date: The end of the Dell warranty
- Order Number: Order number is used when looking up order history in Dell Support
- Product Family: Broad Overview of asset type - Example = Monitors and Projectors
- LOB Friendly Name: More Specific asset type - Example = Monitor
- Item Number: Dell Item number used for purchasing assets