The Dell workflow block allows you to pull in information to Dell manufactured assets based on their serial number and warranty type. It can pull in a variety of information that can save your team time while adding new assets into your system.
Create the workflow
This block is only available when you create an Assets workflow.
- Click Configuration > Workflows and click Add (+).
- Select Assets from the list.
- Enter the name and a description of the workflow.
Edit the Begin block
- Edit the Begin block
- Add rules that will trigger the workflow. In the below example, the following triggers have been set:
- The Actions dropdown is set to New
- The manufacturer Equals Dell
- The serial number Is Not Empty.
This Begin block is now configured to trigger the workflow for new assets where the manufacturer equals Dell and which contain a serial number.
Add the Dell workflow block
- Click the Blocks tab, and drag and drop the Dell block onto the canvas.
- Click the Edit icon.
- From the Serial # Field dropdown, select the Oomnitza field where your Dell serial number is stored. This value will be used as the primary key to sync Oomnitza and Dell data.
- From the Warranty Type dropdown, specific your Dell Warranty Type to ensure that only Dell assets matching a specific warranty are identified:
- Latest (default). This option selects the latest warranty you have purchased.
- Next Business Day Pro Support.
- In the Field Mappings section, select the fields you would like to map to Dell when the workflow is triggered. For information on each field, refer to Table: Dell field mappings.
- Click Save.
Table: Dell field mappings
|Ship Date||The day the asset was shipped|
|System Description||Dell model type|
|Product ID||Service Tag displaying model type used for asset lookup in Dell Support|
|Warranty Start Date||The start of the Dell warranty|
|Warranty End Date||The end of the Dell warranty|
|Product Family||Broad Overview of asset type - Example = Monitors and Projectors|
|LOB Friendly Name||More Specific asset type - Example = Monitor|
|Item Number||Dell Item number used for purchasing assets|
|Product Line Description|
Launch the workflow
Connect the blocks, so that your workflow follows the example below:
Validate the workflow and Activate, so that the workflow is now live in your system.
Based on the criteria specified in the Begin block, the workflow activates each time a new asset (where the manufacturer equals Dell and which contain a serial number) is created in Oomnitza. The Dell workflow block is configured to sync Oomnitza to Dell Field Mappings based on the Serial Number stored in Oomnitza, and the Dell Warranty Type specified.
If the workflow cannot identify a Dell asset matching the Serial Number and Warranty Type set in Dell block, it will fail with the following error: Dell API has returned no useful data.Check that the Serial # Field and Warranty Type are set to the correct values and launch the workflow again. For information on how to troubleshoot workflows, refer to Troubleshooting workflows.