After the integration and plug-in installation Oomnitza plug-in will embed the linked devices within the ticket view for quick reference with a link back to the full record in Oomnitza. From within Oomnitza you may dive into a particular device and pull up the list of Freshservice tickets that are associated with the device.
NOTE: It's a two way integration that needs to be set in both Freshservice and Oomnitza. The following instructions assume that you already have a Freshservice Cloud space and credentials to log in as admin.
1. Install plug-in
- Log in to your Freshservice account
- Go to Admin section
- Choose Apps in 'Helpdesk Productivity' block
- Click Get more apps
- Find Oomnitza plug-in in the list and select it
- On the Oomnitza plug-in page click Install
- In the Domain field, enter your Oomnitza URL like: https://subdomain.oomnitza.com
- Click Install once more
- Wait for the installation process to complete
2. Configure Oomnitza
- Navigate to the a) Settings --> b) Integrations page in Oomnitza
- Go to the a) Service Desk Integrations section and click the b) Freshservice icon to start the integration process
- Step 1: read the introductory description and click Next when you are ready
- Step 2: establish connection between your Freshservice and Oomnitza instances
TIP: the subdomain is a part of the URL of your Freshservice space.
E.g. your Freshservice URL looks like this: 'https://oomnitza1.freshservice.com/...'. In this case the subdomain will be 'oomnitza1' (without quotes).
TIP: to get a Freshservice API token, you should log in to to your Freshservice account and
4a. Click your profile picture
4b. Choose Profile settings
4c. Copy the API token which will be at the right part of the page
- Step 3: connect Freshservice tickets fields with Oomnitza assets fields to define which assets should be displayed and when.
For example if you map the Freshservice 'Requester' (of the ticket) field to the 'Assigned to' Oomnitza field, in Freshservice you will be able to see all assets of the requester assigned to him in Oomnitza.
To configure mappings you need to drag the field from Freshservice column and drop it to the necessary field in Oomnitza column. Click NEXT to jump to the last step.
- Step 4: set which asset attributes should be displayed in Oomnitza for Freshservice plug-in and click FINISH to complete the integration.
TIP: after the integration is completed and running you will see a Freshservice block with a green Line at the bottom.
NOTE: some fields may have an Editable checkbox. Select it if you want this field to be editable in Freshservice plug-in or unselect to make it 'read only'.
3. Log in to the plug-in to start work with it
- Open any Freshservice ticket
- Expand the plug-in
- Call the log in dialog by clicking 'Log in' button
- After successful logging in the plug-in will pull the assets from Oomnitza instance according to configured mapping and display them as a list. Each item can be expanded to see more details.