The Oomnitza plug-in for Freshservice embeds your Oomnitza linked devices in the Freshservice ticket view, and provides a link back to the full record in Oomnitza. From Oomnitza you can search for a linked device and extract a list of Freshservice tickets associated with the device.
The following instructions assume that you already have a Freshservice Cloud space and credentials to log in as admin.
Install the plug-in
- Log in to your Freshservice account
- Go to Admin section
- Choose Apps in the Helpdesk Productivity block
- Click Get more apps
- Find the Oomnitza plug-in in the list and select it
- On the Oomnitza plug-in page click Install
- In the Domain field, enter your Oomnitza URL: https://subdomain.oomnitza.com
- Click Install once more
- Wait for the installation process to complete
- Navigate to Configuration > Integrations > Overview in Oomnitza
- Click Integrations List View .
- Go to the Service Desk Integrations section and click the Freshservice icon to start the integration process
- Click Next.
- Enter your Freshservice subdomain. In case your Freshdesk URL is https://mycompany.freshdesk.com , the name of your Freskdesk instance would be "mycompany"
- Enter your Freshservice API token. To get your Freshservice API token, you should log in to to your Freshservice account and complete the following steps:
- Click your profile picture
- Choose Profile settings
- Copy the API token to the right of the page
- Click Connect.
- Map Freshservice tickets fields to Oomnitza assets fields to define which assets should be displayed and when. For example if you map the Freshservice Requester field to the Assigned to Oomnitza field, in Freshservice you will be able to see all assets assigned to the requester in Oomnitza. To configure mappings you need to drag the field from Freshservice column and drop it to the necessary field in Oomnitza column.
- Click NEXT to jump to the last step.
- Set which Oomnitza asset attributes should be displayed in the Freshservice plug-in and click FINISH to complete the integration.
After the integration is completed and running you will see a Freshservice block with a green line at the bottom.
Some fields may have an Editable checkbox. Select Editable if you want this field to be editable in Freshservice plug-in or deselect to make it 'read only'.
Login to the plug-in
- Open any Freshservice ticket
- Expand the plug-in
- Login to view your assets.
- After successful log in in the plug-in will pull the assets from the Oomnitza instance according to the configured mapping and display them as a list. Each item can be expanded for more details.