In Installing the Freshservice plug-in, you can find out how to sync Oomnitza and Freshservice and determine when the integration is synced and the assets that are pulled from Oomnitza and displayed by the plug-in.
Now, you can learn how to attach assets to Freshservice tickets using the plug-in.
Make a specific asset visible in the list of items shown by the plug-in
The Oomnitza plug-in allows you to pull assets from the Oomnitza instance by specifying the value of any asset attribute in the Freshservice ticket description, comment, note, and so on. Let's say you want to pull assets using the asset barcode:
- Start or restart the integration with Freshservice in Oomnitza. See Integration steps and plug-in installation.
- In Step 3 of the integration process map the Extracted references Freshservice field to the Barcode Oomnitza field which values you'd like to use as a reference.
TIP: Use Oomnitza fields with unique values, such as Barcode to avoid attaching multiple assets.
- Complete the rest steps of the process.
- Log in to your Freshservice account.
- Find the ticket or create a new one.
- Enter the barcode of the asset such as @1234567 in the ticket description or in the comment and save.
- Now, the asset with barcode @1234567 should be shown in the list of assets in the plug-in
Attach an asset to a ticket via plug-in
- Find the asset, click the 'menu' button and select 'Attach asset' from the actions list.
- Now the asset is attached to the ticket which can be seen in Oomnitza asset details pop-up on the 'Tickets' tab.
Detach an asset from ticket via plug-in
- Find the asset, click the 'menu' button and select 'Detach asset' from the actions list.
- Now the asset is detached from the ticket and is not shown in Oomnitza on the 'Tickets' tab of the asset.