In the 'Integration steps and plug-in installation' article it was described how to connect Oomnitza and Freshservice and define the rules describing when and which assets should be pulled from Oomnitza and displayed by the plug-in.
In this article you will learn how to attach assets to Freshservice tickets via the plug-in.
Have a specific asset visible in the list of items shown by the plug-in
Except of the automated assets pulling according to the mapping of 'Agent' and 'Requester' Freshservice fields, Oomnitza plug-in allows you to pull assets from Oomnitza instance by mentioning the value of any asset attribute in the Freshservice ticket description, comment, note, etc. Let's say you want to be able to pull assets using their barcodes:
- Start or restart the integration with Freshservice in Oomnitza (more details about the integration can be found in the 'Integration steps and plug-in installation' article)
- On Step 3 of the integration process map the Extracted references (e.g. @12345) Freshservice field to Barcode Oomnitza field which values you'd like to use as a reference.
TIP: use Oomnitza fields with unique values (for example 'Barcode') to avoid attaching multiple assets at a time
- Complete the rest steps of the process
- Log in to your Freshservice account
- Find the needed ticket or create a new one
- Type @1234567 (assuming that 1234567 is the barcode of the required asset) either in the ticket description or in the comment and save.
- Now the asset with barcode @1234567 should be shown in the list of assets in the plug-in
Attach an asset to a ticket via plug-in
- Find the needed asset, Click the 'menu' button and select 'Attach asset' from the actions list.
- Now the asset is attached to the ticket which can be seen in Oomnitza asset details pop-up on the 'Tickets' tab.
Detach an asset from ticket via plug-in
- Find the needed asset, Click the 'menu' button and select 'Detach asset' from the actions list.
- Now the asset is detached from the ticket and is not shown in Oomnitza on the 'Tickets' tab of the asset.