Oomnitza's SaaS management module allows you to synchronize SaaS software with your Oomnitza instance by using login and integration information from your Single Sign-On solution.
In addition to aggregating a list of the SaaS applications, the synced applications can be associated with Contracts and Users. This allows you to get greater insights into SaaS usage, including cost, seat availability, and user activity.
Setting-Up SaaS Management
Before utilizing the SaaS module, you'll need to establish a SaaS integration between Oomnitza and your Single Sign-On (SSO) providers. At present, we support integrations with Azure AD, Google Suite, Okta, and OneLogin.
Complete these steps:
- In Oomnitza, click Configuration > Overview> Integrations .
- Select show in list view .
- In the SaaS Management Integrations section, choose the SSO provider you want to configure.
Because Oomnitza relies on data from your SSO provider to aggregate SaaS data, it's important that your organization use SSO to log into these applications.
- Info Page: This page provides an overview of the module's functionality. No additional actions are required. When you're ready to set up the integration, proceed to step 2.
- Connect Page: From here, enter the appropriate credentials for your SSO provider's system.
Azure AD G Suite Okta onelogin
- Note your system's Look Back Synchronization. This is the period of time that your SSO stores information about SaaS applications usage activity;
- Note your SSO's Sync schedule which is the frequency that Oomnitza polls updates from your SSO.
- Specify an Oomnitza Default user role. This is used when the SSO tries to reference a user that doesn't currently exist in Oomnitza. In this scenario, a new user will be created with the specified role. User role selection is available for G Suite integration. Other integrations use the predefined option.
- Choose the Username format for new users added to Oomnitza as described in the previous item.
- When you confirm the settings, click Save to activate the integration with the SSO provider.
Now that the integration is set up, you can begin utilizing Oomnitza's SaaS module. To best take advantage of it, however, it's recommended to begin setting up your contracts. This will let you begin associating SaaS assets with their costs and give you deeper insights into your software.
To learn how to set up contracts, check out our article on Creating and Managing Contracts.
To learn more about our SaaS module and Oomnitza's Software Asset Management capabilities, the Overview Article is the best place to start.