In order to succeed at role administration, it’s important to have a good understanding of Oomnitza’s people module. As you move forward, it will be helpful to re-reference this section to understand how to navigate to different sections within the people module, for Oomnitza vocabulary terms, and for other useful information.
As implied, both people and users are managed through the people module in Oomnitza. To begin working with people in Oomnitza, select People from the main navigation bar.
Customization can be accessed by selecting Customization along the navigation bar of the People module. The customization page allows you to add and edit the fields that define people in your Oomnitza instance.
Add / Bulk Edit / Import / Export / Delete / Archive
- Add: Allows you to manually add new people to the people module.
- Bulk Edit: Allows you to edit multiple people records. In list view, select the checkbox next to the records that you want to edit and then click Bulk Edit.
You can set a limit for the number of bulk edits that can be made at the
same time. See the Other settings section in Global Settings.
- Import: Allows you to import a spreadsheet (CSV or XLS) of people into Oomnitza.
- Export: Export a spreadsheet of people from Oomnitza.
- Delete: Delete the selected asset or assets.
- Archive: View a list of all deleted assets.
List and block view
The list and block view icons in the upper right allow you to switch between the block and list views.
Search and filter pane
This panel allows you to search for specific people, or filter the displayed people based on any of the fields shown.
A field is an individual piece of information on a given user. A view of all visible fields for a given user can be viewed by clicking on that user in either block or list view.
To configure roles, navigate to Configuration>Security>Roles. For further information, refer to Creating and editing roles.