(Please note that this integration is still in development and subject to change.)
As a Preferred Distributor Partner, CDW offers an integration to send asset information such as Model, Manufacturer, Serial Number, Purchase Date, and PO Number directly into Oomnitza when the product is ordered.
This integration is built and hosted by CDW. For further details please see below. For any questions, or to request an integration, please contact your CDW representative and ask about the Oomnitza EDI integration.
For more information on CDW, visit cdw.com.
CDW's integration with Oomnitza allows for the transmission of the following fields.
- cdw_account_mgr - Your organization's CDW account manager.
- barcode - The item's barcode.
- cdw_account_no - Your organization's CDW account number.
- po_customer_name - Your organization's name (per the CDW purchase order).
- po_number - The Purchase Order number from CDW.
- cdw_part_no - The Part Number from CDW.
- purchase_date - The Purchase Date.
- cdw_invoice_line - The item's line on the invoice.
- cdw_invoice_no - The invoice number from CDW.
- cdw_invoice_quantity - The item quantity from the invoice.
- cdw_item_class* - The item's asset type (see below for available options.)
- model - The item model.
- cdw_item_group - The CDW item group.
- cdw_item_type - The CDW item type.
- cdw_manufacturer - The manufacturer.
- manufacturer_part_no - The manufacturer's part number.
- cdw_order_date - The CDW order date.
- cdw_order_no - The CDW order number.
- cdw_sales_tax - The sales tax.
- serial_number - The item's Serial Number.
- ship_to_address - The ship-to address.
- ship_to_customer - The ship-to customer.
- ship_to_city - The ship-to city.
- ship_to_postal_code - The ship-to postal code.
- ship_to_state - The ship-to state.
- cdw_shipping_carrier - The shipping carrier.
- cdw_shipping_cost - The shipping cost.
- cdw_tracking_no - The tracking number(s). Note: Multiple tracking numbers may be included in this field. To prevent errors, please store it as a Long Text field in Oomnitza.
- purchase_price - The purchase price.
- po_buyer_name - The buyer name (per the purchase order).
All fields are sent from CDW to Oomnitza by default and are mapped based on the External ID of the Field in Oomnitza. Any fields sent to Oomnitza without a corresponding external ID will be ignored. Once the CDW integration is in place, any of the fields listed above can be integrated by creating a new custom field in Oomnitza with an External ID that matches the desired field.
For more information on creating custom fields in Oomnitza, please visit on Customizing Oomnitza.
CDW Item Classes:
CDW offers a large number of potential item Classes that can be sent through the integration. These are typically what one would consider Asset Types in Oomnitza. While a typically Oomnitza installation will have a handful of asset types ranging from Laptops and Desktops to Monitors and Accessories, CDW has a much greater number of available Classes.
To mitigate this, CDW maps Item classes to a "cdw_item_class" field which can be used to drive workflows that assign an Asset Type.
There are over 130 different Item Classes available, and the entire list can be found in our article on CDW Item Classes
These values should be included in your Oomnitza Asset Type dropdown before integrating.
ASN updates for CDW Shipments are Real-time, Updates for Drop Ship items will be posted in between 12 AM-2 AM Central.
Once the connections are in place, we will send a test message to your system. Please let us know if you have separate Dev/Prod links. We are maintaining this process for multiple customers. Additional customization may not be supported.
CDW will archive these messages for 30 days. Please contact email@example.com to request a resubmission in production.
Timeline to Production:
An average of 3 weeks once the request is submitted. There are no blackout periods, though this timeline is subject to change throughout the year due to resource allocation and number of requests.
We look forward to working with you. Please reach out to your account team or helpdesk-ePro@cdw.com for more info.
Currently available for CDW and CDW Canada.
Not available for CDW UK.
What CDW needs from you:
To configure the integration, CDW requires a few key pieces of information to get it set up.
- Oomnitza Endpoint URL (e.g. cdw.oomnitza.com)
- Client API token (See Below)
Steps below take place after customers work with Oomnitza to create an environment for that customer/company.
Acquiring a Token:
In order to generate an API token in Oomnitza, navigate to the Settings page and select “API”.
From the API page, Select “+ Add New” to generate a new API token. You’ll be prompted to enter a name for the token:
Once you’ve done this, you’ll be given the new API token. This will only be displayed once, and cannot be recovered if lost, so make sure to store it somewhere secure:
For external services, we recommend creating a new User that is specific to that service. Once created, you can log in as that user and generate an API token associated with that account. This makes the activity of the API token easier to identify and control, and prevents issue as your team members change.