The following document will capture the available integration points with FreshDesk and how to configure them.
Before you can configure any of the available integrations with FreshDesk, you need to add credentials in the vault. FreshDesk requires a Basic auth based authentication. The Username is the API key that you can see in your Profile Settings > Your API Key within FreshDesk. And, the password is hard coded as ‘X’.
We typically recommend creating a separate user for these integrations rather than creating the token from within an existing named user.
We recommend to set a few items in the Global Settings table that will be used as defaults in all the blocks for Freshdesk integration rather than having to specify them every single time. These settings are:
- Freshdesk.Subdomain - This is the name of your Freshdesk instance. In case your Freshdesk URL is https://mycompany.freshdesk.com , the name of your Freskdesk instance would be "mycompany".
SaaS User Role Integration
This workflow block allows you to read a user’s role and last login date from FreshDesk. In order to enable this, you need to select this from the list of available SaaS User integrations and then provide the following parameters in configuration:
- Select the credentials that you created for FreshDesk.
- Subdomain - as defined in global settings.
- Deactivate User - If it’s checked, the SaaS user will be deactivated in the Oomnitza system if the user was not found in your Freshdesk instance.
Delete User API block integration
This API preset allows you to delete a user from FreshDesk. In order to start using this, you need to select it from the list of available presets and make following adjustments:
- Select the credentials that you created for FreshDesk in Authorization tab.
- Subdomain - can be maintained in Global Settings or overwritten locally by replacing [[Global_settings:Freshdesk.Subdomain:Shorttext]] in the URL field of the API block.