Let Oomnitza be your single source of truth!
You'll get visibility of your Digicert users as data from Digicert is automatically transformed into consumable information and actionable insights.
Connect Oomnitza and Digicert in minutes
Get the information and insights that you need by creating configurable workflows to make user management easier, such as:
- Retrieving SaaS user roles
- Offboarding users
Before you start
Before you can configure any of the available integrations with Digicert, you need to add credentials to Oomnitza. Digicert uses Token based authentication. This is the API key that you can create via Automation > API Keys > Add API Key within Digicert. For further information, refer to the DigiCert Developer Documentation.
We typically recommend creating a separate user for these integrations rather than creating the token from within an existing named user.
To add your credentials in Oomnitza, complete the following steps:
- In Oomnitza, click Configuration > Security > Credentials.
- Click Add new credential (+).
- Search for the integration, and then click the forward button > to select the integration.
- Add your API key.
- Click Create.
Integration not in the list? Click Advanced Mode and complete these steps:
- Add the information details.
- Click the AUTHORIZATION tab.
- Ensure that API Key is selected as the Authorization type.
- Ensure that the Token Name is X-DC-DEVKEY
- Enter the Digicert API Key.
- Ensure that Add to Header is selected.
- Click CREATE.
SaaS User Role Integration
This workflow block allows you to read a user’s role from DigiCert.
Before you create a SaaS user workflow, you need to create the DigiCert software entry in the Software > SaaS menu. See Adding SaaS software manually.
To create a Saas User workflow using the DigiCert User Role preset, complete the following steps:
- Click Configuration > Workflows > Saas Users from the menu.
- Click Add (+). The Begin and End blocks are automatically added to the sandbox.
- Enter the name and a description of the workflow.
- Edit the Begin block by adding the rules that will trigger the workflow. For further information see SaaS User Roles.
- Click the Blocks tab, and drag and drop the SaaS User Role retrieval block onto the canvas.
- Click the Edit icon.
- Enter DigiCert in the search field and choose the DigiCert UserRole preset.
- Click the right arrow >.
- Enter your Credentials.
- Select the Deactivate User checkbox to deactivate the SaaS user in SaaS > DigiCert > Users if they are not found in your DigiCert instance.
- Click SAVE.
- Connect the blocks.
- Save, validate, and activate your workflow.
To view active DigiCert users in the SaaS Users UI, complete the following steps:
- Click Software from the menu.
- Select the Saas tab, and select your software entry for DigiCert.
- Click Users in the side pane.
- The Role column will be populated to confirm that this user has been found in your DigiCert SaaS.
Creating a Delete User workflow
You can add the API block to a workflow to delete users in DigiCert.
- Click Configuration > Workflows > SaaS Users.
- To add a new workflow, click +.
- Enter the name of the workflow and a description.
Edit the Begin block by adding the rules that will trigger the workflow. Make sure the following sections are populated:
- Actions: Set the actions to schedule to have it run at a fixed time. Alternatively, you can trigger you workflow to run when a record has been created (Assign User) or deactivated in the SaaS user list (Deactivate user).
- Rule criteria: Set a rule to trigger the workflow. For example, you could create a rule to delete a user with the last login date of greater than one year.
- Drag and drop the API block in the sandbox.
- Click Edit, and enter DigiCert as the search criteria.
- Click the right arrow next to DigiCert Delete User.
- Select the credentials that you created for DigiCert.
- Click SAVE.
Link the blocks together and validate, launch, and save the workflow.
When the workflow is run, the user is deleted in DigiCert.
Reference articles for creating workflows
Unleash the power of Oomnitza
To get valuable actionable insights that help you manage your assets, learn how to:
- Configure dashboards for your users and software
- Configure custom reports about your users and software
- Create workflows to automate tasks
See Getting started for more information.
Please sign in to leave a comment.