Oomnitza's SimpleMDM Connector allows organizations to pull device information from SimpleMDM and populate it in Oomnitza. More info in SimpleMDM can be found here: https://simplemdm.com/
The following fields can be mapped from SimpleMDM using Oomnitza's User Interface:
- Bluetooth MAC
- Build version
- Device name
- Is DEP enrolled
- Is FileVault enabled
- Is activation lock enabled
- Is cloud backup enabled
- Is device locator enabled
- Is firmware password enabled
- Is iTunes store account active
- Is passcode present
- Is supervised
- Last seen
- Model code
- Model name
- OS version
- Phone number
- Serial Number
- Subscriber Carrier Network
- WiFi MAC
Limited additional fields may be available through SimpleMDM. For details on how to retrieve them, please reach out to email@example.com.
Details on setting up the Oomnitza Connector can be found in Oomnitza's Articles on Connector Setup.
The key information required from SimpleMDM includes:
- Secret Access Key - A read-only SimpleMDM API Key. You can retrieve your API key by signing into your SimpleMDM account, visiting "Settings" and then selecting the "API" tab.
The full config file should also contain the following fields:
- Enable - When True, turns the SimpleMDM connector on. When False turns the SimpleMDM connector off.
- Device Groups - Allows for retrieval of specific devices based on Device Group.
- Device Types - Computers and/or MobileDevices. Determines what devices are pilled from SimpleMDM.
- Custom Attributes - When set to "1" will pull custom attributed from SimpleMDM.
A sample SimpleMDM config ccan be found below. Details on mapping custom attributes can be found here.
enable = True
secret_access_key = <secret_access_key>
device_types = computers,mobiledevices
custom_attributes = 0