The Oomnitza Connector now supports the scheduled export of CSV files for asset as well as user data. This allows for additional outbound integration scenarios with other enterprise systems that are unable to request details from Oomnitza via the REST API or that are behind company firewalls and can not access Oomnitza directly.
To get started you need to install the Connector locally within your company network, see here for more details.
- The CSV export function is not supported on the Cloud based Connector that is pre-installed within your Oomnitza instance since you would not be able to retrieve the created CSV file.
- We currently only support one local installation of the Connector per customer instance.
Setting up a Scheduled CSV Esport
CSV exports can be configured by navigating to Settings, and clicking the "New Export File" tile in the Extended Asset or Extended User section of the page.
Adding a new CSV Connector requires two steps:
- Configuring the export settings.
- Scheduling the export.
Configuring the Export settings
When entering the Settings, you have to specify following parameters:
- Name and notes (description) for the export
- The Integration user - that is the user which will be used to retrieve the data from Oomnitza. You need to make sure that this user has enough authorization to retrieve the data you are interested in for this export file.
- A Saved Search, which defines which columns and in which order the fields will be in the CSV file as well as the data selection / search criteria for this export. You can only select any of the Public Saved Searches here.
- The file name allows you to specify a file name for the exported CSV file.
- The folder path specifies a path on the local connector installation computer where the generated CSV file will be placed.
- The delimiter field allows you to select what character should be used for the delimiter between two fields.
- You might want to use the Date Format field to select how to convert any dates in the data so that it can be understood and imported in the target system.
- The Overwrite toggle allows you to specify if a new file should get created every time or if the existing file can get overwritten. When the option is unchecked, the system will add a timestamp in the format YYYYMMDDHHmmSS before the file name. The resulting file name in that case would be YYYYMMDDHHmmSS_<File_Name>. This might be required in case you want to only export chanegs since last run every time and as such prevent loosing any updates.
Scheduling the Export
Within the schedule, you define when and how often you want the export to happen.
Once you select Finish, the export will be scheduled and a new icon for the recently created export will get added to the Integrations page. When you select this one, you will now also find a new section called Sync Sessions on the top right which allows you to see when the data export did run and more details on such run.