Oomnitza's Workspace One Extended Connector (formerly Airwatch) allows organizations to pull device information from Workspace One and populate it in Oomnitza. More info in Workspace One can be found here:
Workspace One uses OAuth2.0 for Authentication, and requires a Client ID and Client Secret from Workspace One to activate in Oomnitza.
Instructions on Creating an OAuth2.0 App in Workspace One can be found here: Create an OAuth Client to Use for API Commands. These instructions have also been reproduced below, however, the above should be considered the source of truth, as Workspace One may change their interface at any time.
- In Workspace One, Navigate to .
OAuthin the search text box labeled 'Enter a name or category'.
- Select OAuth Client Management that appears in the results.
The OAuth Client Management screen displays.
- Select the Add button.
- Enter the Name, Description, Organization Group, and Role.
- Ensure that the Status is Enabled.
- Select Save.
- IMPORTANT: Copy the Client ID and Client Secret to clipboard and save them before you close this screen. Select the clipboard icon () to send the Client Secret to the clipboard.
You cannot return here to retrieve these pieces of information after you select Close.
Note: The role used needs at least REST API access to: REST API Read access to: Admins, Apps, Compliance Policy, Custom Attributes, Devices, REST Enterprise Integration, Groups, Products, and Users
Creating the Oomnitza Credential
- Navigate to the Settings page in Oomnitza, and select "Credentials"
- From here, click the "+" button in the upper right to add a new credential.
- From the information Page, name the credential, then click on Authorization.
- On the Authorization Page, select Workspace ONE UEM from the SaaS dropdown, then enter the Client ID and Client Secret obtained above.
- With the Client ID and Client Secret in place, click "Authenticate" and proceed with the authentication flow in Workspace One.
- Once Authenticated, click "Create" to create your credential.
Note: When setting up this connection, you'll be asked to set an API Region.
|Region||Workspace ONE UEM SaaS Data Center Location||API Region|
|Ohio (United States)||All UAT environment||
|Virginia (United States)||United States||
|Virginia (United States)||Canada||na|
|Frankfurt (Germany)||United Kingdom||
|Tokyo (Japan)||Hong Kong||
Details on setting up Oomnitza Extended Connectors can be found in Oomnitza's Articles on Connector Setup.
Note: During this setup, you'll be asked for your Workspace One URL, for example: https://cn123.awmdm.com
The following fields can be mapped from Workspace One using Oomnitza's User Interface. For more information on creating Extended Connector Mappings, please see our article on Mapping Extended Connectors.
- AC Line Status
- Asset Number
- Compliance Status
- Compromised Status
- Device Current Mobile Country Code
- Device Friendly Name
- Device SIM Mobile Country Code
- Enrollment Status
- Is Supervised
- Last Compliance Check On
- Last Compromised Check On
- Last Enrolled On
- Last Seen
- Location Group ID
- Location Group Name
- Mac Address
- Model ID
- Operating System
- Phone Number
- Platform ID
- Platform Name
- Serial Number
- User Email Address
- User ID
- User Name
- Virtual Memory
Workspace One Get Network Info API Preset
Oomnitza also offers the ability to retrieve Asset Details using an API Preset. This allows Oomnitza administrators to set up workflows that retrieve vital asset details in real time, based on updates to assets and other workflow triggers.
Get Asset Details Workflow
The Workspace One Get Asset Details Workflow is an Asset workflow that runs on a schedule and captures additional information about assets from WorkspaceOne's API to help fill out your asset details.
To utilize this workflow, you must first retrieve Device ID from WorkspaceOne using the Connector.
For the begin block, the Workflow should be set to run on a schedule, and to run when the WorkspaceOne Device ID should now be empty.
- Add an API Block to the Workflow Sandbox.
- Edit the API Block, and Apply the WorkspaceOne preset:
- In the URL field, fill your Workspace One Subdomain in place of the "[[Global_settings:WorkspaceONEUEM.Subdomain:Shorttext]]" field, and specify the External ID of your Workspace One Device ID field in the "[[DeviceID:Shorttext]]" field, enclosed in double curly brackets.
Note: The WorkspaceOne Device ID External ID can be retrieved from the Customization Page by clicking on the WorkspaceOne Device ID field:
- Your Final URL should look approximately like this:
- Navigate to the Authorization Tab, select "OAuth 2.0" as the Type, and select the Workspace One OAuth 2.0 App that you're using for the connector:
- Finally, navigate to the Response Tab, and add the fields that you wish to map from Workspace One. Details on how to create these mappings can be found in our Article on Mapping Response Variables.
- Once your API Block has been configured, you can connect your splines to the end block, then validate and Save the workflows