Let Oomnitza be your single source of truth!
You'll get complete visibility of your mobile assets as data from SOTI MobiControl is automatically transformed into consumable information and actionable insights.
Connect Oomnitza and SOTI MobiControl in minutes
Get the information and insights that you need to reduce costs and the time that you spend on administration tasks such as:
- Configurable dashboards and list views of key mobile asset information
- Configurable reports to share information about mobile assets with your colleagues and management
- Configurable workflows that you can easily create such as:
- Workflows for automating onboarding and offboarding tasks
- Workflows for identifying lost and stolen mobile assets
- Workflows for ensuring that the latest software upgrades and virus definitions are installed on mobile assets
Before you start
To stream SOTI MobiControl data into Oomnitza, you must add OAuth 2.0 credentials to the credentials vault in Oomnitza. To do this, you create OAuth 2.0 credentials. Then, you use the OAuth 2.0 credentials when you add credentials to the Oomnitza vault.
Client ID and Client Secret
You can find your SOIT MobiControl Client ID and Secret by running a command on the Windows Server where the SOTI MobiControl instance is hosted. For further information, refer to the SOTI MobiControl documentation.
The customer domain is your SOIT MobiControl URL. If your URL is http:// s12345.mobicontrolcloud.com enter the highlighted part of the URL, which is s12345.mobicontrolcloud.com.
Username and password
Your username and password for your local SOTI MobiControl account. For further information, refer to the SOTI MobiControl documentation.
Add credentials to the vault in Oomnitza
To add your SOTI MobiControl credentials in Oomnitza, complete the following steps:
- In Oomnitza, click Configuration > Security > Credentials, and then click Add new credential (+).
- On the INFORMATION tab, complete these actions:
- Add the name of the credential.
- Add the name of the owner.
- On the AUTHORIZATION tab, select OAuth 2.0 as the authorization type.
- From the SaaS list, select SOTI MobiControl.
- Enter the details listed in the Requirements section.
- Click Authenticate. You are prompted to log into SOTI MobiControl to authorize your request.
- Click CREATE.
You use the credentials that you added to create and customize your SOTI MobiControl integration with Oomnitza.
Integrate SOTI MobiControl with Oomnitza
Info and connect details
- Click Configuration > Integrations and then click Integrations List View .
- On the Integrations page, scroll down to the Extended section for Assets.
- Click NEW INTEGRATION.
- In the New Asset Integration sidebar, click SOTI MobiControl.
- To integrate Oomnitza with the SOTI MobiControl Devices Asset Load, click APPLY and then click NEXT twice.
On the Connect page, complete these steps:
- Enter a descriptive name for the integration such as SOTI MobiControl Assets. That'll be the name of the integration that is shown on the Integrations page.
- Select Cloud as the installation type.
- From the Credentials list, select the credentials from the Oomnitza vault that you added for the connection.
- Enter the name of the user of the integration.
- Enter the URL for SOTI MobiControl. For example, if the URL is https://www.myexample.com, you enter the highlighted part of the URL, which is myexample .
- Click Next.
Map the SOTI MobiControl fields to Oomnitza fields and create custom mappings to get the information that you need to manage your desktop assets.
When you've completed mapping SOTI MobiControl fields to Oomnitza fields, click NEXT.
By default, SOTI MobiControl data is streamed to Oomnitza once every day.
You can configure the schedule to meet your needs such as changing the interval or changing the time so that the data is streamed when your system isn't busy.
- Configure your schedule.
- Click FINISH.
A new tile is created for the integration on the Integrations page.
What to do next
If you want to see what information is collected now, click the tile on the Integrations page and click RUN.
If you want to change the integration settings, you can click a navigation link on the page, such as 4 Mappings, and edit the settings.
Take advantage of built-in presets to automate tasks
To automate onboarding and offboarding tasks and complete device actions, such as installing or updating plugins on Android devices, you can create workflows .
- Click Configuration > Workflows > Assets.
- Click Add (+) and enter the name and description of the workflow.
- Click Add new.
- Drag and drop the API block in the Sandbox.
- Select a preset:
- SOTI MobiControl Delete Device
- SOTI MobiControl Delete Device User
- SOTI MobiControl Set Device User
- SOTI MobiControl Device Actions. See Table: List of supported actions.
- Configure your workflow.
- Validate, launch, and save your workflow.
Unleash the power of Oomnitza
To get valuable actionable insights that help you manage your assets, learn how to:
- Configure dashboards for your assets
- Configure workflows for automating onboading and offboarding employees and tracking lost and stolen assets
- Configure custom reports about your assets
See Getting started.
SOTI MobiControl actions
When you create a device action workflow, you are asked to enter the action. In the table below, a list of the actions that are supported in Oomnitza are provided.
Table: List of supported actions
|AdsInstallPlugIns||Installs or updates plugin for an Android device|
|AllowExchangeAccess||Allow device to access Exchange server through the Enterprise Resource Gateway|
|AllowSotiSurf||Allow device to access content delivered through the SOTI Surf application|
|AppFeedbackUpdate||Request the Android device to upload a report containing any changes in its app status to Google Play Server|
|AppleSoftwareUpdateRefreshStatus||Request the Apple device to refresh OS update status|
|AppleSoftwareUpdateScan||Request the Apple device to send a list of available OS updates|
|AppleSoftwareUpdateSchedule||Request the Apple device to update the OS|
|BlockExchangeAccess||Allow device to access exchange server through the Enterprise Resource Gateway|
|BlockSotiHub||Block Access to SOTI Hub|
|BlockSotiSurf||Block Access to SOTI Surf|
|BypassActivationLock||Bypasses activation lock on the device|
|Checkin||Requests the device to communicate with the server and update its information|
|ClearRestrictions||Clears the restrictions password and restrictions set by the user on the device|
|ClearSotiSurfCache||Clear SOTI Surf cache|
|Disable||Disconnects a device from the MobiControl deployment server. Disconnected devices will not receive configuration changes or updates from MobiControl until they are re-enabled|
|DisableAgentUpgrade||Prevent devices from upgrading their agent at the next scheduled or manually requested checkin|
|DisableAdminMode||To enter user mode (Android only). Corresponding device action in the MobiControl Web Console: "Enter User Mode"|
|DisableKioskMode||To disable kiosk screen (Android, Windows CE, Windows Desktop Classic only). Corresponding device action in the MobiControl Web Console: "Disable Kiosk Screen"|
|DisableLostMode||Disable Lost Mode on device|
|DisablePasscodeLock||Disable passcode on the device|
|EnableAgentUpgrade||Allow devices to upgrade their agent at the next scheduled or manually requested checkin|
|EnableAdminMode||To enter admin mode (Android only). Corresponding device action in the MobiControl Web Console: "Enter Admin Mode"|
|EnableKioskMode||To enable kiosk screen (Android, Windows CE, Windows Desktop Classic only). Corresponding device action in the MobiControl Web Console: "Enable Kiosk Screen"|
|EnableLostMode||Enable Lost Mode on the device|
|FactoryReset||Performs device factory reset|
|Locate||Request the device to send its current location|
|Lock||Request the device return to the lock screen and in some cases display a message|
|MigrateToELMAgent||Migrate MobiControl agent on Samsung devices to the ELM agent|
|PlaySound||Play sound on the device|
|ResetPasscode||Reset the passcode on the target Android or Android+ device.|
|RemoteRing||Ask the phone to ring to locate it|
|ScanForViruses||Scan for virus on the device|
|SharedDeviceLogout||Logs the current user out of a shared device|
|SharedDeviceTroubleshoot||Attempts to resolve any issue experienced by a shared device during the login or logout process|
|SyncFilesNow||Sync files now|
|SendMessage||Sends a message to the MobiControl agent that is displayed to the active user|
|SoftReset||Performs device soft reset|
|SendScript||Sends a script to the device to be executed immediately upon receiving it|
|SendScriptViaSms||Sends a script via SMS, long scripts will be separated and sent in multiple messages|
|SendScriptViaPns||Sends a script via Platform Notification Service. (Android Plus only)|
|SendTestPage||Print test page on the device|
|TurnOffSuspend||Requests the device to turnoff or enter suspended state|
|Unenroll||Request the device remove its management configuration, all organization information, and return to an unmanaged state|
|UpdateVirusDefinition||Request the device to update its virus definitions|
|UpgradeAgentNow||Upgrade agent immediately if the agent has already enabled for upgrade|
|UpdateLicense||Upgrade agent immediately if the agent has already enabled for upgrade|
|Wipe||Request a complete erase of the device and restore it to factory defaults|