Let Oomnitza be your single source of truth!
You'll get visibility of your users as data from Sumo Logic is automatically transformed into consumable information and actionable insights.
Connect Oomnitza and Sumo Logic in minutes
Get the information and insights that you need to reduce costs and the time that you spend on administration tasks such as:
- Configurable dashboards and list views of key user information
- Configurable reports to share information about your users with your colleagues and management
- Configurable workflows that you can easily create such as:
- Workflows for deactivating users
- Workflows for deleting users
Before you start
To get the information that you need to integrate with Oomnitza, you generate an access ID and key, which you use to connect Oomnitza to Sumo Logic.
Best practice: Create a new user for the integration with Oomnitza rather than using an existing user account.
Add deployment codes to global settings
To save time entering deployment information when you integrate Sumo Logic with Oomnitza, you can add the deployment code as a global setting.
- In Oomnitza, click Settings > Global Settings.
- Click Add new variable (+).
- Enter SumoLogic.Deployment as the variable name.
- Enter the value such as
au, eu, us1, or us2.
Add credentials to the vault in Oomnitza
Complete these steps:
- Log into Oomnitza.
- Click Settings > Credentials, and then click Add new credential (+).
- In the INFORMATION tab, add a name for the connection and choose an owner. The owner must have been added to the People page in Oomnitza.
- In the AUTHORIZATION tab, complete these actions:
- Ensure Basic Auth is selected as the authorization protocol.
- Enter the access ID that you created in Sumo Logic as the username.
- Enter the access key that you created n Sumo Logic as the password.
- Click Create.
See Oomnitza vault
You use the access ID and key to add credentials to the Oomnitza vault and to integrate Sumo Logic with Oomnitza.
Integrate Oomnitza with Sumo Logic
Info and connect details
- From the menu, click Settings.
- On the Integrations page, scroll down to the Extended section for Users.
- Click NEW INTEGRATION.
- In the Available Services sidebar, click Sumo Logic.
- In the Sumo Logic section, click APPLY next to Sumo Logic User Load
and then click NEXT twice.
On the Connect page, complete these steps:
- Enter a descriptive name for the integration such as Sumo Logic Users. That'll be the name of the integration that is shown on the Integrations page.
- Select User plus SaaS User.
- Select Cloud as the installation type.
- From the Credentials list, select the credentials from the Oomnitza vault that you added for the connection.
- Enter the name of the user of the integration.
- Enter the name of your deployment pod. The deployment pod is assigned to you by Sumo Logic based on your location and the date that your account was created. To find out the name of your deployment pod, check your Sumo Logic URL. Let's say your URL is https://service. us1 .sumologic.com/ui/#/search... The deployment pod for your URL is us1 .
- Click Next.
Before you map the fields, create a connector filter with two conditions:
- The first condition ensures only active accounts are uploaded to Oomnitza
- The second condition is used to remove Sumo Logic service accounts
- On the Mappings page, click Edit Connector.
- Select create/update the record in Oomnitza if.
- To add a condition, click ADD CONDITION, and then enter these conditions:
Connector field value Is Active equals 1
Connector field value Email does not contain sumologic.com
- Click Save.
Map the Sumo Logic to Oomnitza fields and create custom mappings to get the information that you need to manage your assets.
When you've completed mapping Sumo Logic fields to Oomnitza fields, click NEXT.
By default, Sumo Logic data is streamed to Oomnitza once every day.
You can configure the schedule to meet your needs such as changing the interval or changing the time so that the data is streamed when your system isn't busy.
- Configure your schedule.
- Click FINISH.
A new tile is created for the integration on the Integrations page.
What to do next
If you want to see what information is collected now, click the tile on the Integrations page and click RUN.
Figure: Mock-up for illustration purposes
If you want to change the integration settings, you can click a navigation link on the Integrations page, such as 4 Mappings, and edit the settings.
Sumo Logic fields that can be mapped to Oomnitza
Is MFA Enabled
Last Login Timestamp
Deactivate and delete users
You can create workflows to automate the deactivation and deletion of users.
To deactivate users, you add the SaaS User Role Retrieval Block to the workflow.
To delete users, you add the API Block to the workflow.
Unleash the power of Oomnitza
To get valuable actionable insights that help you manage your assets, learn how to:
- Configure dashboards for your assets and software
- Configure custom reports about your assets and software
- Configure workflows
See Getting started.