Let Oomnitza be your single source of truth!
You'll get complete visibility of your network assets as data from Cisco Meraki is automatically transformed into consumable information and actionable insights.
Connect Oomnitza and Cisco Meraki in minutes
Get the information and insights that you need to reduce costs and the time that you spend on administration tasks such as:
- Configurable dashboards and list views of key network asset information
- Configurable reports to share information about your network assets with your colleagues and management
- Configurable workflows that you can easily create to automate tasks such as:
- Workflows for claiming devices
- Workflows for removing devices
- Workflows retrieving network device and network inventory details
Before you start
To stream Cisco Meraki network data into Oomnitza, you must add your Cisco Meraki authentication credentials to the credentials vault in Oomnitza. Cisco Meraki requires API Key authentication.
Add credentials to the vault in Oomnitza
To authorize connections between Oomnitza and Cisco Meraki, complete these steps:
- Log into Oomnitza.
- Click Configuration > Security > Credentials, and then click Add new credential (+).
- Add the information details.
- Click the AUTHORIZATION tab.
- From the Authorization Type list, select API Key.
- Enter X-Cisco-Meraki-API-Key as the token name.
- Enter your Cisco Meraki API key.
- In the Add to field, ensure that Header is selected.
- Click Authenticate.
- Click CREATE.
Add the Cisco Meraki organization ID to global settings
To save time entering information when you create workflows, you can add your Cisco Meraki organization ID as a global variable in Oomnitza.
- In Oomnitza, click Configuration > General > Global Settings.
- Click Add new variable (+).
- Enter Meraki.Organization Id as the variable name.
- Enter your organization ID.
- Click SAVE.
You use the credentials that you added to create and customize your Cisco Meraki integration with Oomnitza.
- From the menu, click Configuration > Integrations and then click Integrations List View .
- On the Integrations page, scroll down to the Extended section for Asset Integrations.
- Click NEW INTEGRATION.
- In the New Asset Integration sidebar, click Meraki.
- To integrate Oomnitza with the Meraki Network Asset Load, click APPLY and then click NEXT twice.
- Enter a descriptive name for the integration such as Cisco Meraki Network Devices. That'll be the name of the user integration tile that is shown on the Integrations page.
- Select Cloud as the installation type.
- From the Credentials list, select the credentials from the Oomnitza vault that you added for the connection.
- From the Integration Preferences list, select Create & Update.
- Enter the name of the user of the integration.
- Enter your network ID such as L_123456.
- Click Next.
Map the Cisco Meraki fields to the Oomnitza fields and create custom mappings to get the asset information that you need.
Standard Cisco Meraki to Oomnitza mappings
The following Cisco Meraki fields can be mapped to Oomnitza:
Beacon Id Params Major
Beacon Id Params Minor
Beacon Id Params Uuid
Connector Sync Time
Floor Plan Id
Complete these actions
- In the Connector column, click the down arrow in the Network ID field.
- Click Add new Oomnitza assets field.
- Change the name of the filed to Cisco Meraki Network ID.
- Click CREATE.
Don't forget to select a sync key such as the Serial Number field.
When you've completed mapping Cisco Meraki fields to Oomnitza fields, click NEXT.
By default, Cisco Meraki network asset data is streamed to Oomnitza once every day.
You can configure the schedule to meet your needs such as changing the interval or changing the time so that the data is streamed when your system isn't busy.
- Configure your schedule.
- Click FINISH.
A new tile is created for the integration on the Integrations page.
What to do next
If you want to see what information is collected now, click the tile on the Integrations page and click RUN.
Figure: Mock-up for illustration purposes
If you want to change the integration settings, you can click a navigation link on the page, such as 4 Mappings, and edit the settings.
Use API presets to create network asset workflows
To add a preset to a workflow, complete these steps:
- Click Configuration > Workflows > Assets.
- Click Add (+) and enter the name and description of the workflow.
- Click Add new. A Begin and End block is automatically added to the Sandbox.
- Drag and drop the API block onto the Sandbox.
- Click Edit on the API block.
- Enter Meraki to search for the presets.
- Select a preset:
- Cisco Meraki Claim Network Device
- Cisco Meraki Remove Network Device
- Cisco Meraki Inventory Device Details
- Cisco Meraki Network Device Details
- Configure and save your changes.
- Edit the Begin block to set the trigger for the workflow.
- Connect the three blocks together.
- Validate, launch, and save your workflow.
Unleash the power of Oomnitza
To get valuable actionable insights that help you manage your assets, learn how to:
- Configure dashboards for your assets
- Configure custom reports
- Configure workflows for automating complex and repetitive tasks
See Getting started