To run the integration after you successfully migrate the extended connector integration for Amazon Web Services (AWS) EC2, you must complete post-migration tasks.
In the migration package, the following items are included :
- The credentials
- The business objects
- The role
- The saved searches
- The dashboard
- The extended connector integration
To run the integration, you must complete the following tasks:
- Add authorization information to the credential record
- Add connection information
- Add the new business object fields that were migrated
Add the credentials for running the integration.
For security reasons, the actual authorization credentials are not migrated.
- From the Settings menu, click Credentials.
- Click the credential record for AWS EC2.
- Enter the Access Key ID and the Secret Access Key.
- Save your changes.
Add connection information
To run the integration, you must add connection information.
- From the menu, click Settings.
- In the Extended section for Asset integrations, click the tile for the AWS EC2 integration.
- Click 3 Connect.
- Check the option for integration preferences. if this is your first time running this integration, you might want to ensure that Create & Update is selected.
- In the Integration user field, enter a valid username.
- Enter the region, which is determined by the location of the AWS server.
- Complete the configuration of the integration.
Add new business object fields
New fields are not automatically available in the target instance. To add the new fields that were migrated, complete the following steps:
- Select and then click the records on the Assets or People pages.
- To access the screen builder, click Configure the view.
- Click Add Fields.
- Select the fields and then click ADD.