The best practice for the AWS EBS Volume asset load provides you with the information that you need to complete and run the integration successfully, and gain visibility of the data that is ingested by Oomnitza.
The AWS EC2 Assets Load Integration must be running before you complete the post-migration actions.
The following items are in the package:
- The integration
- The Business Objects
- The Credentials
- The Roles
- The Saved Searches
- The Dashboards
For the integration to run, information such as authorization and integration values must be added or updated.
- Log in to Oomnitza.
- Click Configuration > Security > Credentials.
- In the search field, enter the name of the credentials.
- Click the credentials record.
- Click the AUTHORIZATION tab.
- Enter the AWS Auth Access Key ID and the Secret Access Key.
- Save your changes.
Update the integration
- On the Configuration > Integrations page, click the Integrations List View .
- Click the integration tile for the Amazon AWS EBS Volume Asset Load.
- Go to the Connect page and make the following changes:
- Change the value selected for Integration preference. If this is the first time that you have run the integration, select Create & Update.
- To identify who made the integration changes, add a valid username in the Integration user field.
- Enter the region where your AWS server is located such as us-east-1.
- When you complete making your changes, click NEXT until you get to the final page and then click FINISH.
Add fields to the Assets view
New fields that are ingested by Oomnitza are not automatically listed on the Assets page.
Add new fields to the Assets page
- Click Assets.
- Click Add.
- Click Configure the view .
- Click + Add Fields.
- Select the fields that you want to add and click ADD.
- Click List View Configs .
- Select the fields.
If you want to add multiple new fields that are related, create a group in screen builder and add the fields to the group.