The best practice for the Kandji Asset Load provides you with the information that you need to complete and run the integration successfully, and gain visibility of the data that is ingested by Oomnitza.
The following items are in the package:
- Kandji Asset Load
- Kandji Device ID
- Kandji Device Name
- Kandji Last Checked In
- Kandji Model
- Kandji Platform
- Kandji Serial Number
- Last Connector Change Date
- Kandji Asset Load
- Asset Integration User
- Kandji: Assets
- Kandji: Last Checked In
- Kandji Dashboard
Web Screen Design
- Kandji Details
For the integration to run, information such as authorization and integration values, must be added or updated.
Updating integrations and credentials
You must update the integration details and credential details sections.
In the Integration details section, you might want to change the value selected for Integration preference. If this is the first time that you have run the integration, select Create & Update.
Add or update the global variable for the Kandji subdomain
To save time when you create workflows, you can add the Kandji subdomain as a global variable. If you already added the global variable, you must re-enter the value for the subdomain after you migrate the package for the Kandji asset load.
- From the Configuration menu, click General > Global Settings.
- Search for Kandji.Subdomain.
- Click the record and enter the value for the subdomain. The URL has the following format
https://<subdomain>.kandji.io. Enter the part of the URL between the angle brackets.
- Save your changes.
Update the integration
- From the menu, click Configuration > Integrations, and then click Block view
- Click the integration tile for the Kandji asset integration.
- Go to the Connect page and make the following changes:
- Change the value selected for Integration preference. If this is the first time that you have run the integration, select Create & Update.
- To identify who made the integration changes, add a valid username in the Integration user field.
- Enter your Kandji subdomain. For example, if the URL is
https://<subdomain>.kandji.io, you enter part of the URL between the angle brackets.
- When you complete making your changes, click NEXT until you get to the final page and then click FINISH.
Add new fields to the Assets view
New fields that are ingested by Oomnitza may not be automatically listed on the Assets page.
Add new fields to the Assets page
- Click Assets.
- Click Add.
- Click the Actions menu .
- Click Screen Builder
- Click + Add Fields.
- Select the fields that you want to add and click ADD.
- Click Save
- Click List View preferences .
- Select the fields.
Tip If you decide to add the fields to the target instance, create a group in the screen builder for the integration and then add the fields to the group. For further information see Creating Field Groups.