The best practice for Jamf Asset Load provides you with the information that you need to complete and run the integration successfully, and gain visibility of the data that is ingested by Oomnitza.
The following items are in the package:
- The integration
- The Business Objects
- The Credentials
- The Roles
- The Saved Searches
- The Dashboards
For the integration to run, information such as authorization and integration values must be added or updated.
Jamf Asset Load uses basic authorization.
- Log in to Oomnitza.
- Click Configuration > Security > Credentials.
- To search for the credentials, type the name of the credential.
- Click the credentials record.
- Click the AUTHORIZATION tab.
- Ensure that Basic Auth is selected as the authorization type.
- Enter the username and password of your Jamf account.
- Save your changes.
Update the integration
- From the menu click Configuration > Integrations, and then click Integrations List View .
- Click the integration tile for the Jamf asset load.
- Go to the Connect page and make the following changes:
- Ensure that Software is selected if you want to collect information about the software.
- Change the value selected for Integration preference. If this is the first time that you have run the integration, select Create & Update.
- To identify who made the integration changes, add a valid username in the Integration user field.
- Enter the URL of your Jamf instance.
- When you complete making your changes, click NEXT until you get to the final page and then click FINISH.
Add fields to the Assets view
New fields that are migrated are not automatically listed on the Assets page.
Add new fields to the Assets page
- Click Assets.
- Click Add.
- Click Configure the view .
- Click + Add Fields.
- Select the fields that you want to add and click ADD.
- Click List View Configs .
- Select the fields.