The best practice for the Asana User Load provides you with the information that you need to complete and run the integration successfully, and gain visibility of the data that is ingested by Oomnitza.
The following items are in the package:
- The Integration
- Asana SaaS Users Load
- The Global Setting
- The Credentials
- Asana Users Load
- The Workflows
- Asana SaaS Users Role
- Asana Delete User
For the integration to run, information such as authorization and integration values, must be added or updated.
- On the AUTHORIZATION tab, complete these actions:
- Ensure that 0Auth 2.0 is selected.
- Ensure that Asana is the selected SaaS application.
- Enter your client ID and client secret.
- Ensure that a value is entered for the scope which is either default or profile.
- Click Authenticate.
- Click SAVE.
Set your Asana workspace ID as a global variable
To save time when you create workflows, set your workspace ID as a global variable:
- From the menu, click Configuration > General > Global Settings.
- Click Add new variable (+).
- Add the Asana.WorkspaceId variable and its value.
- Save your changes.
Update the integration
- On the Configuration > Integration page, click Integration List View .
- Click the integration tile for the Asana user integration.
- Go to the Connect page and make the following changes:
- Change the value selected for Integration preference. If this is the first time that you have run the integration, select Create & Update.
- To identify who made the integration changes, add a valid username in the Integration user field.
- Enter the workspace ID of your company.
- Click NEXT.
- On the Mappings page, click Edit Connector. You can add rules to exclude the user records that you don't want to monitor such as system users and bots.
- When you complete making your changes, click NEXT until you get to the final page and then click FINISH.
By default, the workflow for deactivating SaaS users in Oomnitza is switched off. After you run the integration, you can activate the workflow.
To activate, complete these actions:
- From the menu, click Configuration > Workflows > SaaS Users.
- Activate the workflow.
Add fields to the People view
New fields that are ingested by Oomnitza are not automatically listed on the People page.
Add new fields
- Click People.
- Click Add.
- Click Configure the view .
- Click + Add Fields.
- Select the fields that you want to add and click ADD.
- Click List View Configs .
- Select the fields.
If you want to add multiple new fields that are related, create a group in screen builder and add the fields to the group.