The best practice for the AWS IAM User Load provides you with the information that you need to complete and run the integration successfully, and gain visibility of the data that is ingested by Oomnitza.
The following items are in the package:
- The Integration
- AWS IAM User Load
- The Business Objects
- Alternate Username
- AWS Access Key Age
- AWS Access Key Created
- AWS Access Keys Active
- AWS Groups
- AWS Last Activity
- AWS MFA Enabled
- AWS User
- AWS User ARN
- AWS Password Created
- AWS Credentials
- The Credentials
- AWS IAM Users Load
- The Roles
- User Integration User
- The Saved Searches
- AWS Users
- AWS Users Access Key Inactive
- AWS Users MFA Not Enabled
- AWS Users Password Not Created
- The Dashboards
- AWS IAM Users
- The Web Screen Design
- AWS Details
For the integration to run, information such as authorization and integration values, must be added or updated.
- On the AUTHORIZATION tab, ensure that AWS Auth is selected.
- Enter your access key id client ID and your secret access key.
- Click SAVE.
See the AWS Authentication section.
Update the integration
As part of the integration, you must enter a path prefix. The path prefix represents the hierarchy of the user setup in AWS IAM. If you want to retrieve all users, you accept the default
- On the Settings page, click Integration List View .
- Click the integration tile for the AWS IAM user integration.
- Go to the Connect page and make the following changes:
- Change the value selected for Integration preference. If this is the first time that you have run the integration, select Create & Update.
- To identify who made the integration changes, add a valid username in the Integration user field.
- Accept the default or enter the path prefix. For example, if you enter
/division_abc/subdivision_xyz/, you load all of the users in the path that begins with this path prefix.
- Click NEXT.
- On the Mappings page, click Edit Connector. You can add rules to exclude the user records that you don't want to monitor such as system users and bots.
- When you complete making your changes, click NEXT until you get to the final page and then click FINISH.
By default, the workflow for deactivating SaaS users in Oomnitza is switched off. After you run the integration, you can activate the workflow.
To activate, complete these actions:
- From the menu, click Software.
- From the Workflow list, select SaaS Users.
- Activate the workflow.
Add fields to the People view
New fields that are ingested by Oomnitza are not automatically listed on the People page.
Add new fields
- Click People.
- Click Add.
- Click Configure the view .
- Click + Add Fields.
- Select the fields that you want to add and click ADD.
- Click List View Configs .
- Select the fields.