The best practice for the GitHub User Load provides you with the information that you need to complete and run the integration successfully, and gain visibility of the data that is ingested by Oomnitza.
The following items are in the package:
- The Integration
- GitHub Users Load
- The Credentials
- GitHub User Load
- The Workflow
- GitHub SaaS Users Role
For the integration to run, information such as authorization and integration values, must be added or updated.
- On the AUTHORIZATION tab, complete these actions:
- Ensure that 0Auth 2.0 is selected.
- Ensure that GitHub is the selected SaaS application.
- Enter your client ID and client secret.
- Ensure that a value is entered for the scope.
- Enter your tenant ID.
- Click Authenticate.
- Click SAVE.
Update the integration
- From the menu click Configuration > Integration, and then click Integration List View .
- Click the integration tile for GitHub user integration.
- Go to the Connect page and make the following changes:
- Change the value selected for Integration preference. If this is the first time that you have run the integration, select Create & Update.
- To identify who made the integration changes, add a valid username in the Integration user field.
- Enter the GitHub organization ID
- Click NEXT.
- On the Mappings page, click Edit Connector. You can add rules to exclude the user records that you don't want to monitor such as system users and bots.
- When you complete making your changes, click NEXT until you get to the final page and then click FINISH.
Add fields to the People view
New fields that are ingested by Oomnitza are not automatically listed on the People page.
Add new fields
- Click People.
- Click Add.
- Click Configure the view .
- Click + Add Fields.
- Select the fields that you want to add and click ADD.
- Click List View Configs .
- Select the fields.