The best practice for the PagerDuty user load provides you with the information that you need to complete and run the integration successfully, and gain visibility of the data that is ingested by Oomnitza.
The following items are in the package:
- The Integration
- PagerDuty Users Load
- The Business Objects
- Email (secondary)
- The Credentials
- PagerDuty User Load
- The Workflow
- PagerDuty SaaS Users Role
For the integration to run, information such as authorization and integration values, must be added or updated.
Before you start
You must ensure that you put the word
Token token= before the API key you generated when Updating the credentials in Oomnitza. Only account administrators have the ability to generate account API tokens. To find our more about the PagerDuty API refer to the PagerDuty API documentation links below.
PagerDuty API documentation
Updating the credentials
- Click Configuration > Security > Credentials, and then click Add new credential (+).
- Add the information details.
- On the AUTHORIZATION tab, complete these actions:
- Ensure that API Key is selected.
- Ensure that the token name is Authorization.
Token token=followed by a space and the API Key. For example,
- Ensure that Add to Header is selected.
- Click SAVE.
Updating the integration
- From the Configuration menu, click Integrations, and then click Integrations List View .
- Click the integration tile for the PagerDuty user load.
- Go to the Connect page and make the following changes:
- Change the value selected for Integration preference. If this is the first time that you have run the integration, select Create & Update.
- To identify who made the integration changes, add a valid username in the Integration user field.
- Click NEXT.
- On the Mappings page, click Edit Connector. You can add rules to exclude the user records that you don't want to monitor such as system users and bots.
- When you complete making your changes, click NEXT until you get to the final page and then click FINISH.
Adding fields to the People view
New fields that are ingested by Oomnitza are not automatically listed on the People page.
Add new fields
- Click People.
- Click Add.
- Click Configure the view .
- Click + Add Fields.
- Select the fields that you want to add and click ADD.
- Click List View Configs .
- Select the fields.