The best practice for the Salesforce user load provides you with the information that you need to complete and run the integration successfully, and gain visibility of the data that is ingested by Oomnitza.
The following items are in the package:
- The Integration
- Salesforce SaaS Users Load
- The Credentials
- Salesforce User Load
- The Global Settings
- The Workflows
- Salesforce SaaS Users Role
- Salesforce Deactivate User
For the integration to run, information such as authorization and integration values, must be added or updated.
- On the AUTHORIZATION tab, complete these actions:
- Ensure that OAuth 2.0 is selected.
- Ensure that Salesforce is selected as the SaaS application
- Enter the client ID and client secret.
- Ensure that the correct value for the scope is entered, such as
full refresh_token offline_access.
- Click SAVE.
Update the global subdomain address
- Click Configuration > General > Global Settings.
- Select Salesforce.Subdomain and click Edit variable.
- Enter your subdomain address. For example, if your subdomain address is
https://<mycompany.my>.salesforce.com, you enter
mycomany.myas the subdomain address.
Update the integration
- From the Configuration menu, click Integrations, and then click Integrations List View .
- Click the integration tile for the Salesforce user load.
- Go to the Connect page and make the following changes:
- Change the value selected for Integration preference. If this is the first time that you have run the integration, select Create & Update.
- To identify who made the integration changes, add a valid username in the Integration user field.
- Enter your Salesforce subdomain.
- Click Next.
- Click Edit Connector. You can create rules to exclude information that is collected, for example, about guests and other types of system users.
- When you complete making your changes, click NEXT until you get to the final page and then click FINISH.
See Use a filter to exclude system users in the Extended Connector Integration for Salesforce Users.
Add fields to the People view
New fields that are ingested by Oomnitza are not automatically listed on the People page.
Add new fields
- Click People.
- Click Add.
- Click Configure the view .
- Click + Add Fields.
- Select the fields that you want to add and click ADD.
- Click List View Configs .
- Select the fields.
Activating the workflow for retrieving the SaaS user role
By default, the workflow for the Slack SaaS user role is deactivated.
- From the menu, click Software.
- Click Workflow and select SaaS Users.
- Click the workflow.
- Edit the Salesforce User Role block.
- Save your changes.