The best practice for the Slack user load provides you with the information that you need to complete and run the integration successfully, and gain visibility of the data that is ingested by Oomnitza.
The following items are in the package:
- The Integration
- Slack SaaS Users Load
- The Business Objects
- Slack ID
- The Credentials
- Slack User Load
- The Saved Searches
- Slack: Users
- The Dashboards
- Slack Dashboard
- The Workflows
- Slack SaaS Users Role
- Slack Deactivate User
- The Web Screen Design
- Slack Details
For the integration to run, information such as authorization and integration values, must be added or updated.
- On the AUTHORIZATION tab, complete these actions:
- Ensure that OAuth 2.0 is selected.
- Ensure that Slack is selected as the SaaS application
- Enter the client ID and client secret.
- Ensure that the correct value for the scope is entered.
- Click SAVE.
Slack Scope: See the related links section in Extended Integration for Slack Users
Update the integration
- From the Configuration menu, click Integrations, and then click Integrations List View .
- Click the integration tile for the Salesforce user load.
- Go to the Connect page and make the following changes:
- Change the value selected for Integration preference. If this is the first time that you have run the integration, select Create & Update.
- To identify who made the integration changes, add a valid username in the Integration user field.
- Click Next.
- Click Edit Connector. You can create rules to exclude information that is collected, for example, about bots and system users.
- When you complete making your changes, click NEXT until you get to the final page and then click FINISH.
To add rules to restrict the types of users that are loaded, see the User Load section in Extended Integration for Slack Users
Add fields to the People view
New fields that are ingested by Oomnitza are not automatically listed on the People page.
Add new fields
- Click People.
- Click Add.
- Click Configure the view .
- Click + Add Fields.
- Select the fields that you want to add and click ADD.
- Click List View Configs .
- Select the fields.
Activating the workflow for retrieving the SaaS user role
By default, the workflow for the Slack SaaS user role is deactivated.
- From the Configuration menu, click Workflows > SaaS Users.
- Click the workflow.
- Edit the Slack User Role block.
- Save your changes.