The best practice for the Zendesk user load provides you with the information that you need to complete and run the integration successfully, and gain visibility of the data that is ingested by Oomnitza.
The following items are in the package:
- The Integration
- Zendesk SaaS Users Load
- The Global Setting
- The Credentials
- Zendesk User
- The Workflow
- Zendesk SaaS Users Role
For the integration to run, information such as authorization and integration values, must be added or updated.
- In the AUTHORIZATION tab, ensure that Basic Auth is selected.
- Enter the username. The username has the following format
- Enter the API key that you generated in Zendesk as your password.
- Click SAVE.
Add the Zendesk subdomain to global settings
- In Oomnitza, click Configuration > General > Global Settings.
- Click Zendesk.Subdomain.
- Enter the name of your Zendesk instance. Let's say your Zendesk URL is
https://mycompany.zendesk.com, you enter
- Save your changes.
Update the integration
- From the Configuration menu, click Integrations, and then click Integrations List View .
- Click the integration tile for the Zendesk user load.
- Go to the Connect page and make the following changes:
- Change the value selected for Integration preference. If this is the first time that you have run the integration, select Create & Update.
- To identify who made the integration changes, add a valid username in the Integration user field.
- Enter the subdomain for your Zendesk instance.
- Accept the default list of the Zendesk roles that you want to load, which is Admins and Agents. Alternatively, you can load multiple roles using the following filter formula:
- When you complete making your changes, click NEXT until you get to the final page and then click FINISH.
Add fields to the People view
New fields that are ingested by Oomnitza are not automatically listed on the People page.
Add new fields
- Click People.
- Click Add.
- Click Configure the view .
- Click + Add Fields.
- Select the fields that you want to add and click ADD.
- Click List View Configs .
- Select the fields.
Activating the workflow for retrieving the SaaS user role
By default, the workflow for the SaaS user role is deactivated.
- From the Configuration menu, click Workflows > SaaS Users.
- Click the workflow.
- Edit the Zendesk User Role block.
- Save your changes.