Let Oomnitza be your single source of truth!
You'll get complete visibility of your assets and users as data from AWS EBS Volumes is automatically transformed into consumable information and actionable insights.
Connect Oomnitza and AWS EBS Volumes in minutes
Get the information and insights that you need to reduce costs and the time that you spend on administration tasks such as:
- Configurable dashboards and list views of key asset information
- Configurable reports to share information about your assets with your colleagues and management
Before you start
This integration allows you to load the list of AWS EBS Volumes from AWS into Oomnitza. It provides you with the ability to find orphaned EBS Volumes that are no longer needed and could be deleted, thus saving you money on your AWS bill.
Oomnitza requires AWS Auth based authentication. For further information on how to obtain these credentials, see AWS Authentication.
Adding the credentials
To add AWS credentials to Oomnitza, see Adding AWS credentials.
Creating the asset integration
To configure the integration for the AWS EBS Volume Load, complete the following steps:
- In Oomnitza, go to Configuration>Integrations>Overview.
- Click Integrations List View .
- On the Integrations page, scroll down to the Extended section for Assets.
- Click NEW INTEGRATION.
- In the New Asset Integration sidebar, click Amazon AWS EBS Volume Asset Load.
- To integrate Oomnitza with the Amazon AWS EBS Volume Asset Load, click APPLY and then click NEXT twice.
On the connect page, complete the following steps to connect the integration:
- Enter a descriptive name for the integration such as AWS EBS Assets. This name will be displayed on the Integrations page once the setup is complete.
- Select Cloud as the installation type.
- From the Credentials list, select the credentials from the Oomnitza vault that you added for the connection. For further information, refer to Adding AWS credentials.
- From the Integration Preferences list, select Create & Update.
- Enter the name of the user of the integration.
- Enter the Region. For further information, refer to Regions, Availability Zones, and Local Zones. You can only specify one region per integration. To add another region, see Adding more regions to your integration.
- Click Next.
Creating custom mappings
Map AWS EBS fields to Oomnitza fields to get the user information that you need. For the field mapping, it is recommended to follow these steps:
- Map the field Region to the Oomnitza field AWS Region.
- Create custom mappings to map any other field that you want to add to Oomnitza:
- Click the down arrow on the field that you want to map.
- Select Add new Oomnitza assets field.
- Change the name of the field.
- Click CREATE.
- Map the Volume ID to the Oomnitza Serial Number field, or a similar field. Assign a sync key to the Serial Number field.
- Click NEXT.
Tracking information for asset loads
When the integration is run, you can track the name of the credentials that were used and the source of the data. To do this, you map the following fields to Oomnitza:
- Connect: Credentials
- Connect: Region
Connector Sync Time
Delete on Termination?
Multi attach enabled?
Size (in GB)
* The first instance that this volume is mapped to. In the case of multiple instances, we only show the first one.
When you've completed mapping AWS EBS fields to Oomnitza fields, click NEXT.
By default, data is streamed to Oomnitza once every day.
You can configure the schedule to meet your needs such as changing the interval or changing the time so that the data is streamed when your system isn't busy.
- Configure your schedule.
- Click FINISH.
A new tile is created for the integration on the Integrations page.
What to do next
If you want to see what information is collected now, click the tile on the Integrations page and click RUN NOW.
If you want to change the integration settings, you can click a navigation link on the page, such as 4 Mappings, and edit the settings.
Adding more regions to your integration
Once the integration is created, you can add more regions to your integration. To add another region, complete the following steps:
In Oomnitza, go to Configuration>Integrations>Overview.
- Click Integrations List View .
- On the Integrations page, scroll down to the Extended section for Assets and select your integration.
- Click the plus sign on the AWS logo and repeat the steps to connect the integration.
To reduce your workload and automate complex and repetitive tasks, you can create workflows with the API block by following the steps in Creating asset workflows with the API block.
Unleash the power of Oomnitza
To get valuable actionable insights that help you manage your assets, learn how to:
- Configure dashboards for your users and software
- Configure custom reports about your users and software
- Create workflows to automate tasks
See Getting started for more information.