You can create two types of integrations for Microsoft Intune:
Basic connector integration. Use this integration when you want to stream asset and software data into Oomnitza.
Extended connector integration. Use this integration when you want to stream only asset data into Oomnitza.
Basic connector integration
Let Oomnitza be your single source of truth!
You'll get visibility of all your computer and software assets as data from Microsoft Intune is automatically transformed into consumable information and actionable insights.
Connect Oomnitza and Intune in minutes
Get the information and insights that you need to reduce costs and the time that you spend on administration tasks such as:
- Configurable dashboards and list views of key asset and software information
- Configurable reports to share information about your assets and software with your colleagues and management
- Configurable workflows
Before you start
To integrate Intune with Oomnitza, use your Microsoft administration account.
Integrate Intune with Oomnitza
Log into your Oomnitza instance, and complete these steps:
- From the menu, click Settings.
- In the Asset Integrations section, click the Microsoft Intune tile, and then click Next.
- Click Sign in with Microsoft.
- Enter your credentials.
- On the Permissions requested page, complete these actions:
- Click Consent on behalf of your organization.
- Click Accept.
- Click Next.
Software data retrieval and scheduling
In the Add Software Details section, select Software if you want to retrieve the software data for your assets. The name and the version of the software is retrieved.
In the Sync session frequency section, you can configure the schedule to meet your needs such as changing the interval or changing the time so that the data is streamed when your system isn't busy.
By default, Intune asset data is streamed to Oomnitza once every day. Software data retrieval is set to off unless you selected Software in the Add Software Details section.
- Specify the Sync Session frequency, which determines how often the Intune information is streamed to Oomnitza.
- Click Next.
To get the information that you need to manage your assets, complete these actions:
- On the Mappings page, map the Intune fields to the Oomnitza fields.
- In the Oomnitza fields column, select one or more fields to synchronize the data that is streamed to Oomnitza.
- Click FINISH.
What to do next
If you want to see what information is collected now, click the tile on the Integrations page and click RUN.
Figure: Mock-up for illustration purposes
If you want to change the integration settings, you can click a navigation link on the Integrations page, such as 4 Mappings, and edit the settings.
Monitor Intune integration
To monitor the loading of information into Oomnitza, click Sync Sessions. You can check:
- The status of the data collection
- The number of new records that were added
- The number of records that were updated
- The number of records that were skipped
- The number of errors that were generated
Unleash the power of Oomnitza
- Configure dashboards for your assets and software
- Configure custom reports about your assets and software
- Configure workflows
See Getting started