The facility for assigning users to accessories in Oomnitza has now been enhanced with the ability to create accessory kits. While previous iterations of Oomnitza only provided the facility to assign an accessory to a user one at a time, you can now bundle all of your accessories in a kit and assign it to a user from a stockroom location.
You can use the kit feature to save time when performing tasks such as onboarding a new employee. Simply follow the steps below to create an onboarding kit:
- Create a new kit and give it a name, such as "New Hire Starter Pack".
- Add your accessories to your newly created kit. For example, you may wish to add a headset, keyboard, mouse, etc.
- Navigate to the appropriate stockroom, eg. London Stockroom. If the accessories defined in the kit are available in the stockroom, you can assign them to a user.
- Set limits on user access to your newly created kits as appropriate.
You can return to your kit anytime to add more accessories, or assign it to another user as appropriate.
It is anticipated that future enhancements of Oomnitza will provide a range of additional features, such the ability to assign a kit to multiple users, assign kits to users across multiple stockrooms, as well as the facility to add accessories to kits. Follow this page to stay tuned for further updates and enhancements.
Creating a new kit
Before you start, you can define fields required for each kit you create by going to Accessories > Kits > Customization. You can define what fields are mandatory or optional for your installation, and the type of data these fields will hold.
To create a new kits, complete the following steps:
- Navigate to Accessories > Kits
- Select Add to add a new kit.
- Enter your Kit name and any update any other required fields you have defined in Customization> Kits. For further information, refer to Creating Custom Fields in Oomnitza.
- Click Save.
Your new kit is created and automatically assigned a new Kit ID along with a timestamp and record of the change log.
Adding accessories to a kit
Now that your kit is created, you can add accessories to it. To assign accessories to a kit:
- Select your kit from the Kit menu
- Navigate to the Accessories tab.
- Optional: User the Search and filters to refine your search.
- Click the + icon in the Accessory list to add an accessory. Unavailable accessories have a greyed out background.
- Select the quantity of each accessory you wish to add to the kit.
Assigning a kit to a user from a stockroom location
Once you have created your kit and assigned accessories to it, you can assign it to a user from the Stockroom menu.
- Navigate to Locations > Stockrooms
- Select a stockroom from the list.
- Select the Accessories tab.
- Click the New Action icon on the upper right of the window.
- Select Assign from the Action type.
- Search and add a user.
- Search and add a kit. The kit will display the available accessories in the stockroom. If an accessory does not exist in your selected stockroom, it will display a quantity of zero. If you want to distinguish between new accessories and second-hand or used accessories, follow the steps in Show new and used accessories in a stockroom to configure the view.
- You can define the quantity and type of accessories you wish to assign to your selected kit. You can also define if that accessory is available on Loan only and enter an expected Return date.
- Click Assign to complete the transaction.
Configuring kit views and permissions
You can perform the following actions to configure kits in the Accessories menu.
Show new and used accessories in a stockroom
You can configure the stockroom menu to show new and used accessory counts.
- Navigate to Locations > Stockrooms
- In the Information tab, select Show New and Used Accessory Counts.
You can now distinguish between new and used accessories when Assigning a kit to a user from a stockroom.
Assigning kit permissions
Oomnitza administrators can use the Roles menu to precisely configure how different roles are able to access kits. This feature enables administrators to define a user roles ability to add, edit or archive kits, as well as create new kit fields. To configure role access for kits:
- Go to Configuration>Security> Roles in Oomnitza.
- Select a Role from the list.
- Select the Permissions tab.
- In the Kits section, select the level of access in the Kits list. For example, you might wish all Employees to have Read access only and completely disable their ability to Add, Format or Archive kits in the Kits menu.
- Select the Customization options available to the user in the Customization list. For example, you might wish all Employees to have Read access only to the fields listed in the Customization: Kits menu.
For further information, refer to Creating and editing roles.
Configuring the kit view
In addition to defining the level of access various roles have in the Kits menu, you can also define how different users are able to view kit records. This feature enables administrators to define how a user views fields in a kit record. For example, you might wish to hide the Created By and Changed By fields from the Employee role view. To configure a kit view, complete the following steps:
- Click an kit record, and then click Configure the view .
- Select a Role from the dropdown menu.
- Click and drag to re-order how fields appear in the menu.
- Select the Default menu on the right hand pane to restrict access to certain fields, such as setting fields to Read-only.
- Select the ellipses on the right (...) to move fields. You can select Remove field to completely remove this field from the role view.
- Select + Add Link to add a link to the top of the field grouping.
- Select + Add Group to create a new group or section of fields, and group specific data. For example, you could create a Kit log group which would contain fields such as Creation Date, Change Date, Created By, Changed By.
For further information, refer to Customizing Screens in Oomnitza.