You use relational fields to show a filed in a view only when it meets certain criteria.
Let's say you want to show the department field when specific types of asset integrations are run. To do this, you convert the department field to a relational field and then choose the criteria for showing the department field.
You can create relational fields for the following views:
The relational field must be a non-system field. A non-system field is a field that is not populated by pulling in data from an integration.
Let's say you want to show the department field in the Assets view for all endpoints except for mobile phone and tablet endpoints.
- From the menu, click Assets.
- Click Customization and then click the Department record.
- Click DISPLAY OPTION.
- Select Relational field as the display option.
- To open the Asset Type list, click the down arrow.
- Use the switches to turn on all the endpoints except for mobile phones and tablets.
- Click SAVE.