The best practice for the Datadog user load provides you with the information that you need to complete and run the integration successfully, and gain visibility of the data that is ingested by Oomnitza.
The following items are in the package:
- Datadog Users Load
- Datadog SaaS Users Load
- Datadog SaaS Users Role
- Global Setting
For the integration to run, information such as authorization and integration values, must be added or updated.
The user that you create for the integration with Oomnitza, must have the correct scopes.
You must make the following updates:
- Credentials: When the integration was migrated, only the shell of the credentials were created. Click the credentials for the Datadog user load, and enter your client ID,client secret, and scope.
Integration Preferences : On the Connect page for the integration, make the following changes:
- Change the value selected for Integration preference. If this is the first time that you have run the integration, select Create & Update.
- To identify who made the integration changes, add a valid username in the Integration user field.
- Enter the application key for your Datadog instance.
- On the Mappings page, click Edit Connector. You can add rules to exclude the user records that you don't want to monitor such as system users and bots.
- Global Setting: Edit the global setting
DataDog.Application_Keyand enter the value that you use for your instance.
- Workflow: By default, the workflow for Datadog SaaS Users is deactivated. You must activate the workflow if you want the workflow to retrieve user roles.
Add fields to the People view
New fields that are ingested by Oomnitza are not automatically listed on the People page.
Add new fields
- Click People.
- Click Add.
- Click Configure the view .
- Click + Add Fields.
- Select the fields that you want to add and click ADD.
- Click List View Configs .
- Select the fields.