Use the import option to bulk import or add accessories to a stockroom.
Before you import, complete the following steps:
- Create a .CSV / .XLS / .XLSX file or a Google Sheets document.
- Add a column heading to the first row that includes the mandatory fields required to create or update an accessory. To import the accessory into a stockroom, your spreadsheet must contain the stockroom name. The stockroom name must correspond to the name of an existing stockroom in Oomnitza, otherwise, you will receive a validation error on import.
- Insert a row for every record and populate the values under the column heading. Refer to the attached spreadsheet.
- To block the import of files that do not contain mandatory information set the variable
system.block_import_if_empty_mandatory_field_detectedto true in Global settings
Importing the data
- From the menu, click Hardware > Accessories.
- Click the Import icon in the upper-right of the window
- Upload your file manually or import it from Google Sheets. Refer to the sample file attached for further information.
- Select an import preference.
- Create. Creates new records. Existing records identified in the spreadsheet are ignored.
- Update. Updates existing records. New records identified in the spreadsheet are ignored.
- Update and Create. Updates existing records and creates new records.
- Under the Advanced section you can:
- Restore archived records. Restores archived people records identified on import.
- Change a Time zone (UTC offset) and Location. This information is used by the Import Manager to display the correct date and time of the start and completion of the import run for all users.
- Add tags to your import to find it quicker in the Import Manager later.
- Choose to receive an email notification about the completion of the import run.
- Click Continue.
Configuring the mapping
- On the mapping page, you will see two columns. The left column displays the names of the spreadsheet columns. The right column displays the record fields in Oomnitza. Create connections between items from these columns in one of the following ways:
- Smart Mapping: Click Smart mapping to find attributes with identical names and create appropriate connections.
- Manual Mapping: Click the down arrow next to a field on the left column and select the target field from the dropdown list. Alternatively, you can drag the field to its target destination.
- Mapping Template: Use a previously saved mapping configuration. If you do not have an existing mapping template, you can save the current mapping as a template for use on the next import.
- Map the stockroom name to the Stockroom Name field.
- Assign a sync key to a unique value, such as SKU. The sync key you assign is important, as it is what is used to detect new and existing records.
- Click Validate
- If there are any import errors, you will receive a Blockers or Warnings error on import. Click Show Details to review the validation log and identify import errors, such as a missing mandatory field. To proceed with the import, fix the error(s) identified in the spreadsheet and start the import process again.
- Once the validation is complete, click Import.
To review the import, click the stockroom and then click accessories in the side pane. The accessories are initially added with a count of zero. To stock accessories, click the New Action , and select Recieve from the Action type list. Select Current Stockroom as the Data source and set your quantities.