Client ID and Secret
Sophos Endpoint Security uses OAuth authentication and requires your Client ID and Secret to be added to Oomnitza.
To obtain your Client ID and Secret, complete the following steps:
- Sign in to Sophos Central Admin. Go to https://central.sophos.com/manage
- Click Global Settings and then click the API Credentials link
- Click Add Credential
- Enter a name for the credential and the role the credential will be assigned to, such as Service Principal Super Admin
- Click Add
- A Client ID and Client Secret are generated. Credentials will expire in 36 months
Did you know?
You can create a free Sophos Central Trial here.
Adding your credentials
To stream Sophos Endpoint Security data into Oomnitza, add the credentials that you obtained to Oomnitza:
- In Oomnitza, click Configuration > Security > Credentials.
- Click Add new credential (+).
- Search for the integration, and then click the forward button > to select the integration.
- Enter your client credentials and any other additional information.
- Click Authenticate. You are prompted to log in to authorize your request.
- Click CREATE.
If the integration is not listed, click Advanced Mode, and add your credentials.
- In the INFORMATION tab, add a name for the connection and choose an owner. The owner must have been added to the People page in Oomnitza.
- In the AUTHORIZATION tab, complete these actions:
- Ensure that OAuth 2.0 is selected as the Authorization type.
- Ensure that Sophos is selected from the SaaS list.
- Enter your client ID and secret.
- Authenticate and click Save.