You can create a stockroom workflow that notifies you when an accessory minimum or maximum stock limit is reached.
To view stockroom limits, click a stockroom and then click Accessories in the side pane. In the example below, the Dublin stockroom has set a minimum limit of 5 and a maximum of 100 for its accessories.
When setting up a workflow the system does not search for existing stockrooms that meet the minimum or maximum limits - it only runs for new instances of a breach.
Creating the workflow
To create the workflow, complete the following steps:
- Click Configuration > Workflows and click Add (+).
- Select Stockroom Actions from the list.
Specify the criteria to trigger the workflow in the Begin block.
- Edit the Begin block
- Add rules to trigger the workflow.
- Change the Actions to Min Stock Limit. This means that when the system goes below the minimum stock limit (in the case of the Dublin stockroom, this is less than 5 accessories) the workflow is triggered.
- Add Rule criteria so that the workflow is more efficient and specifically targets the accessories you want to track. For example, you could change it to only work for a particular stockroom (Stockroom Equals Dublin Stockroom)
- Click Save.
Use the Notify block to alert your colleagues by email about the status of your stockroom accessories.
- Click Blocks, and drag and drop the Notify block onto the canvas.
- Click Edit.
- Specify the notification details in the Information tab.
- Enter the message recipients in the Recipients tab.
- Create your message in the Message tab.
- Click Save.
Running the workflow
- Click Save and connect the blocks
- Validate the workflow and Activate, so that the workflow is now live in your system.
Once the minimum stock level is breached you will receive a notification. When the stock is replenished the process will "reset" or start over again with the workflow only triggering when the stock limits are reached or breached.