You can add locations manually or use the import option to import multiple locations at once.
Adding locations manually
To add locations manually, complete the following steps:
- From the menu, click Locations.
- In the Locations tab, click Add. The Add New Location window appears.
- Enter the location details and click Save.
- In the Map tab, input the address in the Location search bar and click Confirm. Alternatively, drag the red icon on the map to your desired location.
Importing multiple locations
To import multiple locations, complete the following steps:
- Create a spreadsheet with the Address, Latitude, Longitude and Name of your locations.
- In the Locations tab, click Import.
- Choose the file you would like to import and select an Import preference.
- Click Continue.
- Click the Smart Mapping button in the upper-left corner to automatically map the data fields in the spreadsheet to the fields in Oomnitza. Alternatively, you can select the dropdown arrow in the imported field name to manually match the fields.
- Select a Sync key and click Validate.
- The import window will confirm a successful import. If the import failed the log displays which line on the spreadsheet failed to load and why.
- Click Import. The imported locations will appear in the Locations tab.
To create custom fields for your locations, go to Locations > Customization. You will need to make sure those fields are already defined before importing your locations. For further information see Creating custom fields.