Let Oomnitza be your single source of truth!
You'll get visibility of your Pipedrive users as data from Pipedrive is automatically transformed into consumable information and actionable insights.
Connect Oomnitza and Pipedrive in minutes
Get the information and insights that you need by creating configurable workflows to make user management easier, such as:
- Retrieving SaaS user roles
- Offboarding users
- Getting a user's last login activity, enabling you to identify accounts that are underutilized or that can be canceled
Before you start
Before you can configure any of the available integrations with Pipedrive, you need to add credentials in the vault. Pipedrive requires a Token based authentication. This is the API key that you can create via Settings > Personal preferences > API within Pipedrive. For further information, refer to the Pipedrive API Documentation: How to find the API token.
We typically recommend creating a separate user for these integrations rather than creating the token from within an existing named user.
- In Oomnitza, click Configuration > Security > Credentials.
- Click Add new credential (+).
- Search for the integration, and then click the forward button > to select the integration.
- Add your API key.
- Click Create.
Integration not in the list? Click Advanced Mode and complete these steps:
- Add the information details.
- Click the AUTHORIZATION tab.
- Ensure that API Key is selected as the Authorization type.
- Ensure that the Token Name is api_token
- Enter the API Key.
- Ensure that Add to Header is selected.
- Click CREATE.
Creating a SaaS User Role workflow
This workflow block allows you to read a user’s role and last login date from Pipedrive.
Before you create a SaaS user workflow, you need to create the Pipedrive software entry in the Software > SaaS menu. See Adding SaaS software manually.
To create a Saas User workflow using the Pipedrive User Role preset, complete the following steps:
- Click Configuration > Workflows > Saas Users from the menu.
- Click Add (+). The Begin and End blocks are automatically added to the sandbox.
- Enter the name and a description of the workflow.
- Edit the Begin block by adding the rules that will trigger the workflow. For further information see SaaS User Roles.
- Click the Blocks tab, and drag and drop the SaaS User Role retrieval block onto the canvas.
- Click the Edit icon.
- Enter Pipedrive in the search field and choose the Pipedrive User Role preset.
- Click the right arrow >.
- Enter your Credentials.
- Select the Deactivate User checkbox to deactivate the SaaS user in SaaS > Pipedrive > Users if they are not found in your Pipedrive instance.
- Click SAVE.
- Connect the blocks.
- Save, validate, and activate your workflow.
To view active Pipedrive users in the SaaS Users UI, complete the following steps:
- Click Software from the menu.
- Select the Saas tab, and select your software entry for Pipedrive.
- Click Users in the side pane.
- The Role column will be populated to confirm that this user has been found in your Pipedrive SaaS
Creating a Delete User workflow
You can add the API block to a workflow to delete users in Pipedrive.
- Click Configuration > Workflows > SaaS Users.
- To add a new workflow, click +.
- Enter the name of the workflow and a description.
Edit the Begin block by adding the rules that will trigger the workflow. Make sure the following sections are populated:
- Actions: Set the actions to schedule to have it run at a fixed time. Alternatively, you can trigger you workflow to run when a record has been created (Assign User) or removed from the SaaS user list (Deactivate user).
- Rule criteria: Set a rule to trigger the workflow. For example, you could create a rule to delete a user with the last login date of greater than one year.
- Drag and drop the API block in the sandbox.
- Click Edit, and enter Pipedrive as the search criteria.
- Click the right arrow next to Pipedrive Delete User.
- Select the credentials that you created for Pipedrive.
- Click SAVE.
Link the blocks together and validate, launch, and save the workflow.
When the workflow is run, the user is deleted in Pipedrive.
Reference articles for creating workflows
Unleash the power of Oomnitza
To get valuable actionable insights that help you manage your assets, learn how to:
- Configure dashboards for your users and software
- Configure custom reports about your users and software
- Create workflows to automate tasks
See Getting started for more information.
Please sign in to leave a comment.