Release 5.0 marks a major milestone for Oomnitza with the official introduction of two new modules: Accessories and Software. Version 5.0 also contains powerful enhancements to workflows and other areas of Oomnitza, and lays out the groundwork for Oomnitza’s future releases.
SaaS Software Asset Management
Oomnitza’s SaaS module is designed to help our customers understand which SaaS Softwares are being used and how to optimize spend. Our approach is to help you first Detect what’s being used, then Categorize the usage and proactively Manage the users in your SaaS platforms to reduce spend and to stay compliant.
- To help you detect who’s logging into which SaaS softwares, Oomnitza now integrates with the top requested SSO solutions such as Okta, G Suite, OneLogin, and Azure.
- After we’ve captured login information via the SSO we then help you understand each user’s role with Oomnitza’s new User Role Workflow. The User Role Workflow engine allows Oomnitza to fetch user role data directly from over 20 SaaS softwares rest APIs, with more to come.
- Once Oomnitza has detected logins and categorized user roles, we can automate notifications to alert IT Admins of key actions to take. Actions such as deactivate a user in a SaaS System, send further notifications to responsible parties or request approval to keep users.
- Oomnitza can now automatically deactivate user accounts in a number of SaaS systems using the new user-deprovisioning workflow block, with more to be added regularly.
Please note SaaS Software Asset Management is an additionally paid module, for more information please reach out to your CSM or contact email@example.com to be connected with our Customer Success Team.
Accessories and Stockrooms
In response to overwhelming feedback that Oomnitza’s customers need a way to manage non-serialized items at scale, we’d like to announce Accessories and Stockrooms! This new module is dedicated to managing a catalog of non-serialized Accessories and introduces the concept of Stockrooms, which represent the physical location of items in stock.
This new functionality is more extensive than we can cover in detail here, so we’ve given you the highlights. Stay tuned for the announcement of our upcoming video series where we will take a deep-dive into the many new capabilities introduced in this module.
Using this suite of new features, you can now keep inventory counts, conduct documented audits, reconcile stock, and assign accessories to employees all within Oomniza. The addition of a self-checkout iPad app and an iPhone auditing app make these processes even easier, and ensure you’re never running to the Apple Store last minute.
Please note Accessories and Stockrooms is an additionally paid module, for more information or a sneak preview please reach out to your csm or contact firstname.lastname@example.org to be connected with our Customer Success Team. Otherwise, as we mentioned stay tuned for our video series demoing the full capabilities.
- An enhanced begin block allows more flexibility for scheduling workflows. Now, when creating a scheduled workflow, you can select when it runs, and at what frequency (hourly, daily, weekly, monthly).
- The newly added ability to archive objects from within workflows allows for automatic archiving of deprecated assets and offboarded users.
- The addition of a relational update block to the workflow builder allows for values to be imported across modules. This, for example, allows you to pull a user’s location or cost center and copy it to assets assigned to that user.
- Oomnitza has significantly enhanced the workflow API block to allow you to more easily interface with 3rd party systems now. This includes a success and failure exit in the block, timeout and retry logic, support for different authorizations and mapping of the response back to object variables.
- We’re also introducing the concept of Presets to the API block. Presets are pre-configured integrations to 3rd party systems made available through our software catalog to reflect API calls like the deletion of a user in certain SaaS Systems, updating an asset in a client management system or deploying a patch or virus-update through a patch management or virus scanner. Upon initial release, we’re adding presets for deletion of users in common softwares, but our catalog of presets for this will continue to grow. Check back frequently for new available presets to help with further automating your IT processes around assets and users.
- The header and footer for emails sent from Oomnitza can now be customized from the new Global Settings Table. For example, you can now update your header to reflect your corporate branding, or change your footer to include reminders about upcoming events.
- The default address from which emails in Oomnitza are sent has been standardized across email types. This affects notification workflows, subscriptions, and approvals, among other automated emails.
- Multi-license contracts are now available for Desktop Softwares, allowing easier tracking of softwares where a single contract is associated with multiple license keys.