Let Oomnitza be your single source of truth!
You'll get visibility of your network-connected assets and software assets as data from KACE by Quest is automatically transformed into consumable information and actionable insights.
Connect Oomnitza and KACE in minutes
Get the information and insights that you need to reduce costs and the time that you spend on administration tasks. You get:
- Dashboards and list views of your network assets and software assets
- Reports to share information with your colleagues and management
- Information that helps you:
- To assure software compliance
- To reduce security breaches
- To get information from ticketing and other systems so that you get a comprehensive view of the health of your assets
Before you start
To stream KACE data into Oomnitza, you must add credentials to the vault in Oomnitza.
You need the following credentials and connection information:
- Your KACE username and password
- The URL of your KACE instance
When you register with KACE and install your KACE instance, you can access the documentation that you need to get your credentials and the URL of your instance.
Add credentials to the vault in Oomnitza
To authorize connections between Oomnitza and KACE, complete these steps:
- In Oomnitza, go to Configuration>Security>Credentials.
- Click Add new credential (+).
- Search for the integration, and then click the forward button > to select the integration.
- Enter the user name and password of your account
- Click Create.
Integration not in the list? Click Advanced Mode and complete these steps:
- Add the information details.
- Click the AUTHORIZATION tab.
- Ensure that Basic Auth is selected as the authorization type.
- Enter the user name and password of your account.
- Click Create.
See Oomnitza vault
You use the credentials that you added to create and customize your KACE integration with Oomnitza.
Creating the asset integration
When creating the asset integration, check Software to enable the retrieval of desktop software.
- In Oomnitza, click Configuration> Integrations> Overview.
- Click Block view
- Scroll down to the Extended section for asset integrations.
- Click NEW INTEGRATION.
- Select the integration in the sidebar.
- Click ADD.
More information is provided about the following fields to help you complete the integration:
- Integration preferences: By default, the option Create & Update is selected, which allows for editing existing asset records and adding new ones. If your goal is only to edit existing asset records, choose Update Only. On the other hand, if you only want to add new records, select Create Only.
To review or update the integrations details, click the pencil:
- Update the integration name if necessary.
- For installation type, ensure that Cloud is selected.
- For integration preferences, select an option.
- Enter the name of the integration user.
Choose one of the following options:
- Select the credentials that were created for the integration.
- Edit the credentials that were created for the integration.
- Create new credentials
By default, user data is streamed to Oomnitza once every day.
You can configure the schedule to meet your needs such as changing the interval or changing the time so that the data is streamed when your system isn't busy.
- Click the pencil.
- Configure your schedule.
- Click Update.
To map the fields to Oomnitza, click the pencil.
Creating custom mappings
Map the KACE fields to Oomnitza fields and create custom mappings to get the information that you need to manage your desktop assets.
To sync the information that is streamed from KACE to Oomnitza, select the Serial Number field.
You can retrieve information about these KACE fields in Oomnitza:
Did you know?
You can define rules for your integration by selecting Edit integration on the mapping page. For example, you may only want to run the integration if a certain contact or region exists. See Filtering integration results.
You can add new fields to your integration by selecting Add new field on the mapping page. All you need to do is specify the property name. See Creating custom API fields.
Launching the integration
Your integration is in Draft mode until all the required mandatory fields are added. Once you have added all of the required fields, we recommend that you complete the following steps
- Select Launch to activate your integration
- Do a Test Run.
- Click Sync Sessions and review the status of the integration. If you encounter any errors, see troubleshooting integrations.
- When the test run has been completed, click Run Now.
Getting your results
To view the information that is collected about your assets, click Assets. To view the information about software, click the Software tab.
To view the information that is collected about your users, click People. If you selected User plus SaaS User when running the user integration, you can also find a list of users in the Software > SaaS menu
Unleash the power of Oomnitza
To get valuable actionable insights that help you manage your assets, learn how to:
- Configure dashboards for your assets
- Configure custom reports about your assets
See Getting started
Please sign in to leave a comment.