Let Oomnitza be your single source of truth!
You'll get visibility of your computer assets and software assets as data from ConnectWise is automatically transformed into consumable information and actionable insights.
Connect Oomnitza and ConnectWise in minutes
Get the information and insights that you need to reduce costs and the time that you spend on administration tasks such as:
- Configurable dashboards and list views of key asset and software information
- Configurable reports to share information about your assets and software with your colleagues and management
- Configurable workflows that you can easily create such as:
- Workflows for tracking the life cycle of your assets
- Workflows for identifying lost and stolen assets
Before you start
You must register an account with ConnectWise development, request a client ID, and an Automate instance. You'll need this information to integrate ConnectWise with Oomnitza:
- Client ID
- URL of your instance
Need more information?
When you register with ConnectWise developer, click Documentation, and then click the Automate tile.
Add credentials to the vault in Oomnitza
Complete these steps:
- Log into Oomnitza.
- Click Settings > Credentials, and then click Add new credential (+).
- In the INFORMATION tab, add a name for the connection and choose an owner. The owner must have been added to the People page in Oomnitza.
- In the AUTHORIZATION tab, complete these actions:
- Select 0Auth 2.0 as the authorization protocol.
- Select ConnectWiseConnectWise OAuth 2.0 as the SaaS.
- Enter the URL that you were provided by ConnectWise to connect to your instance, which is in this format
- Enter your client ID, username, and password.
- Authenticate and click Create.
See Oomnitza vault
You use the credentials that you added to create and customize your ConnectWise integration with Oomnitza.
Integrate ConnectWise with Oomnitza
Info and connect details
- From the menu, click Settings.
- On the Integrations page, scroll down to the Extended section for Assets.
- Click NEW INTEGRATION.
- In the New Asset Integration sidebar, click ConnectWise.
- In the ConnectWise section, click APPLY next to Dell ConnectWise Asset Load (with Software)
and then click NEXT twice.
On the Connect page, complete these steps:
- Enter a descriptive name for the integration such as ConnectWise Assets and Software. That'll be the name of the integration that is shown on the Integrations page.
- Select User plus SaaS User and select the Software checkbox to retrieve software names and versions.
- Select Cloud as the installation type.
- From the Credentials list, select the credentials from the Oomnitza vault that you added for the connection.
- Enter the name of the user of the integration.
- Enter the URL to your ConnectWise instance and your Client ID.
- Click Next.
Map the ConnectWise fields to Oomnitza fields and create custom mappings to get the information that you need to manage your assets.
When you've completed mapping ConnectWise fields to Oomnitza fields, click NEXT.
By default, ConnectWise data is streamed to Oomnitza once every day.
You can configure the schedule to meet your needs such as changing the interval or changing the time so that the data is streamed when your system isn't busy.
- Configure your schedule.
- Click FINISH.
A new tile is created for the integration on the Integrations page.
What to do next
If you want to see what information is collected now, click the tile on the Integrations page and click RUN.
Figure: Mock-up for illustration purposes
If you want to change the integration settings, you can click a navigation link on the Integrations page, such as 4 Mappings, and edit the settings.
ConnectWise fields that can be mapped to Oomnitza
Agent last Inventory
Connector Sync Time
Gateway IP Address
Local IP Address
Unleash the power of Oomnitza
To get valuable actionable insights that help you manage your assets, learn how to:
- Configure dashboards for your assets and software
- Configure custom reports about your assets and software
- Configure workflows
See Getting started.