Let Oomnitza be your single source of truth!
You'll get visibility of your users as data from Sumo Logic is automatically transformed into consumable information and actionable insights.
Connect Oomnitza and Sumo Logic in minutes
Get the information and insights that you need to reduce costs and the time that you spend on administration tasks such as:
- Configurable dashboards and list views of key user information
- Configurable reports to share information about your users with your colleagues and management
Configurable workflows that you can easily create such as:
- Workflows for deactivating users
- Workflows for deleting users
Before you start
To create the integration with Oomnitza, you need to have the following details to hand:
Generating an access ID and key
We recommend that you create a new user for the integration with Oomnitza rather than using an existing user account.
Access ID and key for Sumo Logic
When you generate an access ID and key in Sumo Logic, make sure you copy the access key. Once the access ID and key are generated, the value for the key will no longer be available.
When you add your access ID and key that you generated for Sumo Logic to Oomnitza, enter your access ID as the username and the access key as the password.
Getting your deployment prod
The deployment pod is assigned to you by Sumo Logic based on your location and the date that your account was created. To find out the name of your deployment pod, check your Sumo Logic URL. Let's say your URL is https://service. us1 .sumologic.com/ui/#/search... The deployment pod for your URL is us1 .
Add deployment codes to global settings
To save time entering deployment information when you integrate Sumo Logic with Oomnitza, you can add the deployment code as a global setting.
- In Oomnitza, click Configuration >General > Global Settings.
- Click Add new variable (+).
- Enter SumoLogic.Deployment as the variable name.
- Enter the value such as
au, eu, us1, or us2.
Add credentials to the vault in Oomnitza
Complete these steps:
- In Oomnitza, go to Configuration>Security>Credentials.
- Click Add new credential (+).
- Search for the integration, and then click the forward button > to select the integration.
- Enter the user name and password of your account
- Click Create.
Integration not in the list? Click Advanced Mode and complete these steps:
- Add the information details.
- Click the AUTHORIZATION tab.
- Ensure that Basic Auth is selected as the authorization type.
- Enter the user name and password of your account.
- Click Create.
See Oomnitza vault
You use the access ID and key to add credentials to the Oomnitza vault and to integrate Sumo Logic with Oomnitza.
Integrate Oomnitza with Sumo Logic
- In Oomnitza, click Configuration>Integrations>Overview.
- Click Block view
- On the Integrations page, scroll down to the Extended section for user integrations.
- Click NEW INTEGRATION.
- Search for the integration in the sidebar or use the Search.
- Click ADD.
Before you start
More information is provided about the following fields to help you complete the integration:
Integration preferences: By default, the option Create & Update is selected, which allows for editing existing user records and adding new ones. If your goal is only to edit existing user records, choose Update Only. On the other hand, if you only want to add new records, select Create Only.
User selection: Select User only to create users in the People tab. Select User plus SaaS User to also create SaaS users in the Software > SaaS menu. Once your users are created in the SaaS menu, you can create SaaS user workflows to validate the existence of a given user in a SaaS System and to pull role information from your SaaS System. For steps see Creating SaaS user workflows.
When you select User plus SaaS User and you have multiple instances of the same SaaS, you can choose your SaaS instance from the dropdown. If you have a single instance of the SaaS, your instance is already detected by the system.
To review or update the integrations details, click the pencil:
- Update the integration name if necessary.
- From the User Selection list, select an option.
- For installation type, ensure that Cloud is selected.
- For integration preferences, select an option.
- Enter the name of the integration user.
Choose one of the following options:
- Select the credentials that were created for the integration.
- Edit the credentials that were created for the integration.
- Create new credentials
By default, user data is streamed to Oomnitza once every day.
You can configure the schedule to meet your needs such as changing the interval or changing the time so that the data is streamed when your system isn't busy.
- Click the pencil.
- Configure your schedule.
- Click Update.
To map the fields to Oomnitza, click the pencil.
See Sumo Logic Endpoints and Firewall Security
Creating custom mappings
Before you map the fields, create a connector filter with two conditions:
- The first condition ensures only active accounts are uploaded to Oomnitza
- The second condition is used to remove Sumo Logic service accounts
- On the Mappings page, click Edit integration.
- Select create/update the record in Oomnitza if.
- To add a condition, click ADD CONDITION, and then enter these conditions:
Connector field value Is Active equals 1
Connector field value Email does not contain sumologic.com
- Click Save.
Map the Sumo Logic to Oomnitza fields and create custom mappings to get the information that you need to manage your assets.
Sumo Logic fields that can be mapped to Oomnitza
Is MFA Enabled
Last Login Timestamp
Did you know?
You can define rules for your integration by selecting Edit integration on the mapping page. For example, you may only want to run the integration if a certain contact or region exists. See Filtering integration results.
You can add new fields to your integration by selecting Add new field on the mapping page. All you need to do is specify the property name. See Creating custom API fields.
Launching the integration
Your integration is in Draft mode until all the required mandatory fields are added. Once you have added all of the required fields, we recommend that you complete the following steps
- Select Launch to activate your integration
- Do a Test Run.
- Click Sync Sessions and review the status of the integration. If you encounter any errors, see troubleshooting integrations.
- When the test run has been completed, click Run Now.
Getting your results
To view the information that is collected about your assets, click Assets. To view the information about software, click the Software tab.
To view the information that is collected about your users, click People. If you selected User plus SaaS User when running the user integration, you can also find a list of users in the Software > SaaS menu
Using the Saas User Role presets
Complete the following steps to configure the SaaS User Role block for Sumo Logic. Configuration of this SaaS User Role block will allow you to capture the Sumo Logic user role and last login date in Oomnitza.
Before you create a SaaS user workflow, you should have already run your extended user integration and selected User plus SaaS User to populate the software entry in the Software > SaaS menu.
To create a Saas User workflow using the Sumo Logic User Role preset, complete the following steps:
- Click Configuration > Workflows > Saas Users from the menu.
- Click Add (+). The Begin and End blocks are automatically added to the sandbox.
- Enter the name and a description of the workflow.
- Edit the Begin block by adding the rules that will trigger the workflow. For further information see SaaS User Roles.
- Click the Blocks tab, and drag and drop the SaaS User Role retrieval block onto the canvas.
- Click the Edit icon.
- Enter Sumo Logic in the search field and choose the Sumo Logic User Role block.
- Click the right arrow >.
- Enter your Credentials.
- Your deployment information should be derived from the global variable you created in Add deployment codes to global settings or can be entered manually.
- Select the Deactivate User checkbox to deactivate the SaaS user in SaaS > Sumo Logic > Users if they are not found in your Sumo Logic instance.
- Click SAVE.
- Connect the blocks.
- Save, validate, and activate your workflow.
To view active Sumo Logic users in the SaaS Users UI, complete the following steps:
- Click Software from the menu.
- Select the Saas tab, and select your software entry for Sumo Logic.
- Click Users in the side pane.
- The Role and Last activity column will be populated with user information to confirm that this user has been found in your Sumo Logic SaaS.
Create an offboarding workflow using an API block. Select the following presets:
- Sumo Logic Deactivate User preset temporarily prevents a user from logging into the Sumo Logic service, see Sumo Logic API Docs: Update a user.
Sumo Logic Delete User preset permanently removes the user. To use this preset, you need to go to Advanced Mode > Params and input the following information:
- Key: transferTo
- Value: Identifier of the user who will receive the content of the deleted user.
Value: Set to
trueto permanently delete all the user's content. This content cannot be recovered. For further information, see Sumo Logic API Docs: Delete a user.
To learn more about the Sumo Logic API utilized in your particular deployment location, please refer to the Documentation table within the Sumo Logic API Docs.
When creating the offboarding workflow, ensure that the Begin block criteria accurately identifies inactive users. For example, for SaaS user workflows you can set the To be Deleted in SaaS flag to Yes, or for People workflows, you can set the Offboarding Date to Current date.
Reference articles for creating workflows
Unleash the power of Oomnitza
To get valuable actionable insights that help you manage your assets, learn how to:
- Configure dashboards for your assets and software
- Configure custom reports about your assets and software
- Configure workflows
See Getting started
Please sign in to leave a comment.